Under general supervision, this individual must use judgement and initiative to perform a variety of duties in support of management, staff and operations of the Office of Admissions and Recruitment. This person will observe all University policies and account for all property assigned.
- Responsible for planning and implementing strategies to attract students to the University.
- Plan and implement off campus programs and recruitment activities.
- Correspond with prospective students.
- Attend high school, community college, and community-related recruitment programs.
- Advise prospective students on the admissions process.
- Coordinate with university colleges and school as well as departments to continuously update information in regards to the admissions process.
- Schedule and conduct campus tours.
- Submit regular reports of recruitment activities and results from recruitment events.
- Provide a variety of information and answers to questions regarding specific functions in accordance with rules and regulations, policies and procedures of the Office of Admissions.
- Process admissions applications and ensures that the application fee has been received, all transcripts and supporting documents to complete the student application prior to evaluation.
- Input all applications and documents received and track applications on the student information system.
- Complete student outreach via e-mail and phone as well as other mediums to make contact with perspective students (i.e. via text).
- All other appropriate duties as assigned consistent with job title, and as assigned by the Director of Admissions and Recruitment and the Assistant Director of Admissions and Recruitment &Early Start Coordinator (Dual Enrollment Coordinator).
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1 – 3 years of recruiting experience and the ability to work and communicate effectively with individuals of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Applicant should be a self-starter and be able to work well in team efforts.
- In state and out of state travel is expected.
Candidates should submit a complete curriculum vita with a letter of interest stating how qualifications and experience align with expectations of this position (the letter of interest should be no more than seven pages), and three references with their contact information to the attention of Dr. Andriel A. Hilton, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management. All information must be submitted through the link provided.
While we encourage all interested applicants to apply, please be aware that not all candidates will be interviewed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties. Criminal background checks and reference verification are required. Southern University at New Orleans, a Southern University and A & M College System unit, a historically Black comprehensive university, is committed to teaching, research, and service in preparing traditional and non-traditional students for degree attainment, transfer, workforce, graduate study, and self-improvement. This preparation is available through multiple delivery methods for students seeking certificates, associate's, bachelor's, and master's degrees.
In compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other federal, state, and local laws, Southern University and A&M College forbids discriminating or harassing conduct that is based on an individual's race, color, religion, sex, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, veteran or military status, membership in Uniformed Services, and all other categories protected by applicable state and federal laws. This commitment applies but is not limited to decisions made with respect to hiring and promotion, the administration of educational programs and policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic or other College administered programs. Discriminatory acts of any kind are strictly forbidden.