Part-time, Temporary (semester position with option for renewal).
Flexible. Up to 20 hours a week.
INTERNSHIP BEGINS AUGUST 28, 2023.
Under the supervision of the designated Office of Information
Technology (OIT) project owner, the intern will gain real-world
experience in the IT field by working to support both continual and
ad-hoc projects throughout various areas of OIT. This is a hybrid
role in which you will support various designated projects while
working with a specific OIT professional for guidance and project
scope. The intern will have strong visibility, displaying
excellence, integrity, reliability, and innovation as they solve
problems, execute tasks with excellence, and support OIT
This position reports directly to the designated OIT project owner
and can work up to 20 hours a week with a final working day on or
around the end of each semester employed.
This position can work up to 20 hours a week with a final working
day on or around the end of each semester employed. This position
will not work when the University is closed for holidays. For
consideration, please submit a cover letter indicating which OIT
area(s) you’re interested in as part of your application.
Department Specific Job Functions:
In this role, you can expect to learn how to work within an
enterprise Information Technology team to move initiatives forward
for the betterment of faculty, staff and students.
Areas of OIT that an intern could possibly work:
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Network Services – Phones, WiFi, Broadband Network.
- Information Security – Device security, dual authentication,
data and server security.
- Enterprise Services – Enterprise-wide applications utilized by
the entire campus.
- Application Services – Applications servicing campus
- Database Services – Oracle and SQL database support.
- Software Development – Custom integrations to Enterprise and
- Service Desk – Assisting students, faculty, and staff with gold
- Technology Support – Supporting our many connected computing
equipment and devices.
- Cloud and Data Services -- Cloud and on-premises infrastructure
- Technology Support Center – Academic Technology support.
- Multi-Media Technology – Classroom and digital signage support,
digital media creation.
Qualifications / Experience Preferred:
- Must be a current UCO student or recent graduate.
- Clear familiarity with Information Technology processes and/or
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Familiarity with ERP systems or databases (Oracle or SQL) or
networking or service desk or servers support areas of Information
Speaking/Writing - Ability to effectively express ideas,
instructions, and concepts; Ability to speak and write effectively
and clearly. Excellent interpersonal relationship and customer
service skills and the ability to establish and maintain an
effective working relationship with staff/faculty, community
leaders, and other stakeholders.
Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize,
disseminate, and present significant amounts of information with an
attention to detail and accuracy. Manage and prioritize work
effectively with minimal supervision. Proficient with Microsoft
Office Professional. Continually updates skills and knowledge
relative to the position and the technology industry. Adheres to
and complies with UCO’s shared values and the Office of Information
Technology’s Code of Ethics.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may
be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform essential functions.