The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (HSUHK) is a non-profit private liberal-arts-oriented university with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities and Social Science, and Translation and Foreign Languages) and over 6,000 full-time students. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSUHK aims to nurture young talents with critical thinking, innovative minds, caring attitudes, moral values and social responsibility.
Aspiring to be a leading private university in the region, HSUHK features a primary focus on undergraduate education, top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, unique residential college system combining living and learning, interactive small class teaching, very close student-teacher relationship, RGC-funded impactful research, and excellent student development/support services. HSUHK is listed the 7th (overall) in the ASEAN+ region, the 1st in the Greater China region, and the 1st in Employability as per the 2023 AppliedHE ASEAN+ private university assessment by the Singapore-based AppliedHE. It is also listed among the top 200 worldwide on “Quality Education” and “Decent Work and Economic Growth” in the Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings 2021.
The University now invites application for the following position:
Provost and Vice-President (Academic and Research) (Ref: PV/VPAR 2023-04-21)
Reporting to the President, the Provost and Vice-President (Academic and Research) is a key member of the senior management team of the University. He/She will be primarily responsible for providing leadership in the developments of curriculum and academic programmes, research, academic staffing, and student admission. He/She will also chair relevant committees under the Academic Board (AB) and the Senior Management Committee (SMC) as appointed by the President. He/She will also serve in the Council and its relevant committee(s). Major duties and responsibilities include:
- to provide leadership to the overall academic curriculum structure, programme development and quality assurance, in response to the University strategic directions, community needs and changing market situations;
- to develop research policies and strategies to promote academic and impactful research activities;
- to oversee the policies of recruitment, assessment, development, promotion and retention of quality academic staff;
- to oversee overall student admission policies, strategies and processes;
- to ensure the smooth management and operations of all academic programmes;
- to oversee the policies, strategies and operations of continuing and professional education and knowledge exchange for the community;
- to oversee the development and performance of Schools, academic support units and research centres, review and monitoring of their strategic plans, budgets, outputs, efficient and effective use of financial, human and physical resources;
Candidates should be renowned scholars in their academic disciplines and have extensive senior management experience in higher education. Other desirable attributes will include strong interpersonal collaboration, communication, leadership, strategic planning and resource management skills.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants with full personal details are now invited to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by email or to the Director of Human Resources, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong by mail, on or before 31 May 2023. Applicants who are not invited to an interview within three months may consider their applications unsuccessful. The University will continue the search until the post is filled and reserve the right not to fill the post if no suitable candidate can be identified.
For postal applications, please mark 'Application - Confidential' and the reference number on the cover. All information received will be treated in strict confidence, and the data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. The Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request.
The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer.