About the Opportunity
The College of Arts, Media and Design (CAMD) seeks a mid-senior
level graphic designer to join our Creative Department on a
freelance basis, playing an integral role on our team. We are
looking for someone who inhabits an innate sense of creativity,
adaptability, resourcefulness and integrity.
The work we do supports high-level initiatives of the college with
well-crafted, strategic designs through various mediums, including
print (publications, mailers, environmental graphics) and digital
(presentation decks, email, social media assets) while staying true
to the overall brand of Northeastern University. We aim to enhance
CAMD's reputation, raise awareness, and promote the outstanding
work of our faculty and students.
- Top-notch design skills.
- Effective at communicating conceptual ideas and design
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Strategic, solutions-based thinker.
- Self-starter who works both independently and
- Willingness to accept feedback from various stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Basic understanding of HTML, digital design and user
- Photography, animation, and illustration skills are a
- Concept, design and production under the guidance of the
- Lead projects and interface with stakeholders and various
- Collaborate with writers, photographers and printers to ensure
integrity of design from start through completion.
- Manage multiple projects from start to finish in a fast-paced
- Assume ownership of projects ranging from branded campaigns to
quick design updates, including image searches, copy edits, and
Please include your resume and a link to your portfolio.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Freelance-Designer_R100470