Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, The Payroll Administrator performs all aspects of payroll administration for a 1,000-employee population. The Payroll Administrator is primarily responsible for ensuring that all employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner. The employee population includes University employees, students, and Model Schools. Responsibilities include all aspects of payroll preparation.
Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to)
- Perform all aspects of payroll administration including primary liaison responsibilities with external payroll service provider.
- Prepares, analyzes and transmits payroll data to the payroll service provider electronically.
- Compiles payroll data and statistics for the calculation of payroll and to perform complex analysis.
- Performs complex queries and researches and responds to complex inquiries related to payroll tax, benefits and payroll operations.
- Assists with the processing of manual payroll checks.
- Works collaboratively with Business Office to ensure accurate data transfers between Payroll, Employee Benefits, General Ledger, and Accounts Payable.
- Communicates with the University community and outside vendors regarding payroll operations.
- Prepares and transmits employee retirement plan, H.S.A. contributions and union dues contributions.
- Provide assistance as necessary for all internal and external audits related to payroll.
- Monitors other employee benefit deductions.
- Maintains all vacation, sick, and personal time off accruals.
- Ensures appropriate internal controls are established and maintained.
- Works with employees to help them understand payroll adjustments.
- Understands University employee policies regarding compensation, work schedules, time away from work policies and practices.
- Reviews University policies for Payroll tax regulatory compliance supported by the Senior Accountant and implement changes to the Payroll system accordingly.