One Summer Chicago- Intern
Kennedy - King College
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC)
, the largest community
college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five
satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year
access to a quality, affordable education. One Summer
is an initiative that provides youth with employment
and enrichment opportunities during the summer months. One Summer
Chicago offers summer employment to youth between the ages of 18
and 24. Most programs are between 16 and 20 hours per week.
The One Summer Chicago initiative encourages students to gain
experience in their prospective fields by placing them in areas and
departments aligned with their area of study whenever possible.
Students are able to use their wages towards educational and living
expenses. One Summer Chicago jobs are available in areas such as
administrative offices, computer labs, and student centers.
- Career and Transfer Center : Assist the department with
data management, event planning, and career and transfer-related
services for students
- Facilities Management : Gain skills in event management,
facilities administration, process development and policy
implementation for the department
- Human Resources : Assist the department with provided
value-added services related to personnel services
- Information Technology : Assist with the day-to-day
operation of the college’s technology environment
- Tech LaunchPad : Assist the director with various
projects related to cybersecurity, game design and other
- WKKC 89.3 FM Radio : Enhance your media career with
hands on experience at an educational radio station applying
professional broadcasting standards.
- Provides support on various projects and assignments as
- Student will assist at reception desk, greeting students,
faculty and staff entering office
- Assists staff in the day-to-day functions of the Office.
- Provides general office support including but not limited to
filing, faxing, photocopying, and Data entry.
- Applicants must be 14 years or older, have work permit consent,
and eligible to work in the United States
- Have permission to participate from a parent or guardian if
you're under the age of 18
- Be a City of Chicago resident
- Current City Colleges of Chicago students that were or are
enrolled in Spring 2023, Summer 2023, or Fall 2023
- Complete One Summer Chicago online application here
City Colleges of Chicago is an affirmative action equal
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of
- Available to participate in the program starting June 20, 2023
and end on August 4, 2023. These dates may be subject to change
depending on the department/partner organization.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Promotes a positive role model and favorable public image as
City Colleges of Chicago representative.
- Good interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and