EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - STRATEGIC INITIATIVES
Kennedy-King College is looking for an Executive Director of
Strategic Initiatives to provide comprehensive leadership for the
collection, analysis, and application of data across the college,
directing research and data analysis staff and working closely with
senior staff in implementing strategic planning, assessment,
accreditation and grant funded initiatives and meeting compliance
requirements. The Executive Director position is a leadership
position, participating in developing strategic plans, providing
relevant and actionable data to help drive continuous improvement,
and collaborating with key stakeholders in implementing strategies
and initiatives to achieve the college’s mission and goals. Working
in collaboration with Presidents, Vice Presidents, Deans, and
college stakeholders, the Executive Director of Strategic
Initiatives provides leadership, administrative direction, and
oversight of initiatives in areas including, but not limited to:
Operational efficiency, Instructional quality, Resource allocation,
Data analysis and reporting, and Process Improvement
- Directs and manages priority of Institutional Effectiveness
(IE) work from planning through implementation, including:
- Defining project or initiative scope, goals and deliverables in
collaboration with senior leadership.
- Managing project expectations with team members and other
- Aligning efforts across teams and locations.
- Generating metrics to measure team and project impact and hold
the team accountable success.
- Manages the life cycle of major projects, including acquiring
resources and coordinating the efforts of college-wide teams,
district personnel and third-party contractors or consultants in
order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Proposed new strategies and gains resource commitments to
improve operations, instructional quality and student
- Develops a proactive and robust approach to data management to
ensure the college’s data and reports are accurate, easily
accessible and directly relevant to the work of faculty, staff and
- Applies a research lens to the work so that data variables are
identified, tracked and evaluated and to enhance evidence-based
- Responsible for in-depth data analysis and reporting related to
district level KPI’s. Expected data analysis requires a deep
understanding of statistics and the tools used to find answers and
- Oversees college-wide projects aimed at improving process,
policy, and technology to increase impact.
- Drives collaboration between departments to improve
institutional systems, structures and resource allocation to
increase student access and goal attainment in the Institutional
Effectiveness program. Examples of cross-departmental work may
- Working with District Decision Support and external research
partners to proactively develop strategy and progress measures
based on data trends.
- Working with the Enrollment Management team to improve
registration and onboarding for all students.
- Working with the Office of Vice President of Academic Affairs
to evaluate programs through the program review process.
- Working with the Office of the Vice President of Finance and
Operations to align budget and resources to strategy.
- Working with Senior Leadership team to operationalize vision,
strategy, and plans.
- Manages the Strategy and Research functions of the college and
supports skills development of college faculty and staff for
strategic problem-solving, planning, and performance management.
Oversees the preparation of a variety of internal and external
compliance reports and ensures the timely response to ad hoc
requests by faculty, administrators and staff.
- Works closely with college constituents that are responsible
for meeting compliance requirements from state, federal and other
external entities, ensuring data analysis and data reporting needs
WE OFFER: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and
long-term savings and investment programs including 403(b) &
457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State
University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation,
holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a
more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page
of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
six months of hire.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in
Education Administration, Business, or in a research-related field,
such as statistics, data science, behavioral science, information
systems, or another quantitative discipline.
- Three years of work experience developing solutions to business
problems and implementing solutions with a focus in strategy or
- Two years of experience in institutional research for a
community college or other institution of higher education.
- Five years of work experience in higher education as an
administrator or project manager, or in an educator/faculty
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into
consideration based on the applicant’s credentials.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City College of Chicago