About Our Lady of the Lake University:
On the foundation of faith, wisdom and trust in Providence, Our Lady of the Lake University (OLLU) prepares graduates to transform their communities, families and professions.
OLLU, founded in 1895 by the Congregation of Divine Providence, is a coeducational comprehensive institution with an enrollment of more than 3,100 students. With its main residential campus in San Antonio and non-traditional programs in San Antonio, Houston, the Rio Grande Valley (La Feria), and online, OLLU has a presence in two of the largest cities in Texas, the border region, and literally around the world. The University offers more than 30 undergraduate majors and minors, 14 master's programs and three doctoral programs through its College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and Leadership, and the College of Professional Studies. OLLU offers classes in daytime, evening, weekend and online formats.
The Department of Leadership Studies seeks a full-time non-tenure track Assistant Professor for the Houston, Texas campus to begin in Spring or Fall of 2023. The department has well-established master's and doctoral programs and is seeking a high-energy faculty member who can teach in these programs, supervise doctoral dissertations, and serve on departmental and university committees. In addition to the main campus in San Antonio, the department offers masters and doctoral programs on the Houston and Rio Grande Valley campuses. The leadership programs are structured with a central focus on the mission and charism of the Congregation of Divine Providence to provide access to graduate and post-graduate education to underserved professional adult student populations. The department is seeking a colleague who is committed to excellent teaching, using evidence-based pedagogy, and who is eager to mentor adult learners. Ideal candidates will have general knowledge and skills in organizational effectiveness areas such as Leadership, Management, Organizational Behavior, and Human Resources. Candidates will be expected to engage in academic research pertaining to these and other related areas. The faculty member will teach primarily master's and doctoral courses in the weekend program and on-line on the Houston campus. Travel to other campuses as needed for training and teaching on Saturdays is required and a condition of employment.
- Clear evidence of effective teaching and scholarship.
- Qualified candidates will have obtained a Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership, Organizational Development, or related field.
- Minimum of two years graduate level teaching experience and/or relevant corporate experience in management, leadership, or supervisory roles.
- Experience advising masters theses or doctoral dissertations strongly preferred.
- For questions about the position contact: Dr. Jerrie Jackson, Interim Department Chair of the Department of Leadership Studies at email@example.com
- OLLU seeks to attract, develop and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administrators. The University is committed to diversity and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities. EOE.
- Employment with Our Lady of the Lake University is contingent upon the applicant undergoing a background investigation. Our Lady of the Lake University uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Please complete the online Application for Academic Employment and attach the following:
- Letter of Interest denoting position for which applying.
- Resume and/or Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of all transcripts reflecting receipt of terminal degree in discipline for which applying.
- Listing of three professional references.
For consideration for Academic Employment, all materials above must be submitted together and at one time. Incomplete packets for academic employment will not be considered. The position remains open until filled.