Summer Program Nurse
Under supervision of the Director of Health Services or designee
and under the administrative oversight of the Associate Vice
President and Dean of Student Affairs, Office of Student Affairs,
the Summer Program RN provides first aid and triage of medical
complaints and injuries for Lasell University summer program
participants. Evaluate, treat and triage minor injuries and
illnesses; keeps a log of all visits and gives supportive health
and hygiene advice to counselors and other summer program staff as
requested; and identifies and refers health complaints serious
enough to require a referral to an outside healthcare provider or
contact parents for return to home.
- Provides pre-summer program training, discuss health and safety
procedures, precautions and routines with program staff and
- Practices basic infection control strategies while executing
first aid, triage and safety for onsite summer program
- Medically screens and clears all summer program participants
based on submitted paperwork
- Assumes responsibility for medications including prescription
and over the counter for participants and/or minor staff and
administers doses as directed by treating healthcare providers
(according to signed orders).
- Establishes daily med call hours, documents all medications
- Reports all transports to local medical centers or return to
home to program directors and supervising healthcare provider.
- Guides counselors regarding their responsibilities in noting
and reporting illnesses, injuries, or unsafe practices and
conditions that might contribute to summer program or staff
- Identifies dietary habits of concern such as failure to eat a
variety of foods, rapid gain or loss of weight, and symptoms of
disturbance such as withdrawal or homesickness and report to
- Submits a written report to include equipment inventory,
requisitions for next summer, treatment records of summer program
and staff, home and hospital transports, referrals to healthcare
provider, recommendations and requests to risk manager and medical
consultant records for insurance companies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Massachusetts R.N. license.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Ability to manage health care of children and adolescents
within an age range between 3-18.
- Ability to train and guide summer program staff regarding basic
first aid, health and safety matters.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work with a variety of diverse summer program and staff in a
Receives supervision from the Director of Health Services who
serves as the Lasell University Summer Program Medical Consultant,
or designated NP, and general oversight and consultation from the
Associate Vice President and Dean of Student Affairs. Practices
with guidelines approved by the Director of Health Services and the
Associate Vice President and Dean of Student Affairs.
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, resume
and the information of three (3) references using the forms below.
Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be
accepted until the position is filled.
Lasell University requires all employees to be vaccinated and to
provide the documentation upon the start of employment. Lasell also
provides individuals the opportunity to request a medical or
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every
aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its
policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to
every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color
of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic
predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a
victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and
classes under Federal and State Laws and executive
To apply, visit https://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/employment/staff-positions/summer-program-nurse.html