The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State
University of New York and an internationally renowned college of
art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on
liberal arts, invites applications for Head Athletics Coaches in
the following sports: Cross Country, Dance, Men's Tennis, Swimming
& Diving, Table Tennis, Track & Field, Women's Soccer,
Women's Tennis and Women's Volleyball.
FIT Athletics & Recreation, an NJCAA DIII member
institution, aims to support Fashion Institute of Technology in its
mission to produce self-reliant graduates who are poised for a
lifetime of success, and who will be a credit to the institution,
their communities and the world. The department mission is to
provide a safe and welcoming environment for student involvement,
learning and school spirit opportunities enriching both body and
mind as a way of promoting holistic health and
Head Athletics Coaches will report to the athletic director, and
will be responsible for managing all facets of the team in
accordance with NJCAA, NE District, Region XV, and FIT Athletics
rules and regulations.
- Assuming full responsibility for student-athlete welfare and
team operations during all team-related proceedings.
- Upholding all applicable FIT, and FIT Athletics rules and
- Recommending appointment/retention of assistant coach, team
manager and scorekeeper; providing supervision for these staff
- Recruiting quality student-athletes based on academic goals as
well as athletic ability.
- Attending all practices and meets; providing team and
individual skill development.
- Scheduling, planning and organizing practice sessions
- Scheduling regional and competitive non-region regular season
- Planning and coordinating of team travel arrangements
- Managing team budget and keeping strict records of all
expenditures and receipts
- Entering athletes for scheduled competitions as required by
- Recording and reporting scores, statistics and team
- Reporting results and providing competition summaries for
promotion online and on social media
- Entering scores and statistics on the NJCAA website within 24
hours after each competition
- Completing region-mandated evaluations of match officials
- Reviewing equipment / apparel inventory and preparing orders
after each season
- Promoting the team by participating in various events /
activities on and off campus
- Overseeing team academic success and personal growth in team
- Attending required coaches' meetings and completing trainings
- Some driving may be required
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list
of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other
duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the
- Bachelor's degree required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Outstanding managerial, organizational, technological and
verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain CPR / AED certification prior to the time of
- Lifeguard certification (Swimming & Diving only)
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Availability for practices and competitions
- Availability for occasional overnight trips, especially
- Four (4) years of successful head coaching experience in an
- History of success in the areas of recruiting, player
development and fostering holistic success in team members.
- A valid driver's license in good standing
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Frequent;
Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Constant;
Office, Classroom or Outdoors
Sit- Occasional; Stand- Constant; Bend- Frequent; Walk-
Constant; Climb- Occasional; Pull- Occasional; Push- Occasional;
Lift<10- Frequent; Lift 10-20- Frequent; Lift over 50- N/A;
Days/Hours: Varies, depending on sport, in person; occasional
overnight trips and weekends.
Stipend: $5,835- $13,261 per annum (based on sport
qualifications and budgetary allowance)
Terms: FIT coaching positions consist of at-will appointments
that last for one fiscal year, and do not carry any medical, annual
leave, sick leave, or other fringe benefit entitlement.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is
filled or as needed.
Successful completion of a background check is required for
appointment to this position once an offer has been made.
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply
online and attach the following documents; http://fitnyc.interviewexchange.com:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC
Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we
receive, we are unable to contact each applicant
individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by
the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form,
that an applicant for employment provide his or her current
compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as
the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with
compensation. If such information has been requested from you
before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee
Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will
attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural
backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that
encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression
of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its
mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT
is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race,
color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion,
ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual
orientation, military service status, genetic information,
pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required
to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by
applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to
providing equal opportunity in employment, including the
opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified
individuals. Applications from minorities, women,
veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged.
Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be
directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator,
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and
actively committed to diversity within the community.