**This is an on-site position. Remote workers will NOT be
You will be joining St. Thomas University (STU) at an exciting
moment! Under the dynamic leadership of President David A.
Armstrong, J.D., STU has had four consecutive years of record
enrollment and we’ve set fundraising records too. Our campus
footprint is also growing. In the past two years alone, we’ve
opened the state-of-the-art Gus Machado College of Business, a new
weight room for our student athletes, as well as a turf athletic
field, residence hall, and a student center. And, we are going to
keep growing…more students, more programs, more facilities!
As we mark our 60th Anniversary, we are setting our sights on
the future while also honoring our Cuban heritage and celebrating
our Catholic Identity. Come be a part of our diverse community! We
are seeking energetic innovators who will help us chart the course
for the University’s sixth decade of impact! Let’s work together to
attract, serve, and inspire a diverse group of students who will
leave STU prepared to be ethical leaders and change agents in our
Located in sunny Miami, Florida, St. Thomas University is a
private, non-profit university that offers 39 undergraduate,
graduate, and postgraduate degrees at its picturesque 144-acre
campus and through distance learning. Its academic offerings
include one of the oldest (and most highly ranked) undergraduate
programs in Sports Administration in the country. STU has been
ranked #1 by U.S. News & World Report in Social Mobility for
regional universities in the South, which means it takes students
from the lowest financial strata and catapults them to much higher
financial strata in only ten years. St. Thomas University is the
only Catholic Archdiocesan-sponsored university in Florida, and one
of the only eight Archdiocesan universities nationwide.
Reporting to the Provost/Chief Academic Officer, the Director of
Institutional Research & Effectiveness will provide leadership
in the development of a comprehensive institutional research
program to support the University's mission and strategic goals,
outcomes assessment process, and in developing and sustaining a
"culture of evidence". Responsible for collecting, analyzing, and
disseminating a wide range of data related to the University's
academic and financial enterprise; as well as providing critical
decision support to university administration, the new Director
will provide a trusted, centralized resource for up-to-date
information about the University and a proactive resource
assessment and planning. The Director will serve as the central
source for institutional data and reporting requests. Emphasis will
be placed on data analysis and interpretation and help in
identifying and framing critical issues in support of continuous
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies, collects, organizes, analyzes, interprets and
reports information to comply with and fulfill routine and/or
specific internal and external requests.
- Develops a data dictionary and procedural standards for
consistency in gathering and maintaining institutional data.
- Works with senior leadership and campus constituencies on
developing assessments to assist in developing metrics to measure
- Constructs data gathering instruments and determines validity
- Coordinates and submits all Surveys and Reports such as Gainful
Employment, IPEDS, Student Clearinghouse, NSSE, US News & World
- Coordinates quantitative and qualitative research activities
such as questionnaire design, research design, methodology, coding,
sub-group analysis, and report preparation, including the review
and analysis of ad hoc reports.
- Performs analysis and reports the results as requested;
analyzes research results and trends using a variety of techniques;
provides status reports on projects.
- Organizes and archives institutional and survey data for the
University in conducting trend analyses and other institutional
data needs, and publishes STU’s Fact Book annually.
- Prepares updates and expands the collection of comparative data
and peer indicators.
- Assists in the development of quality enhancement plans,
program review, survey research and assessment.
- Provides analytical support and advice in the design of survey
research, and/or designs specific analytic and predictive modeling
studies as needed.
- Instructs and/or assists administrators, faculty and staff
members in areas of research design methodology, instrument
administration and/or construction, data analysis, and
- Disseminates information and analysis that provides
interpretations of research studies. Presentations should be
provided to others, internal and external.
- Manages the University's response to reporting and compliance
related to the SACS-COC accreditation process.
- Conducts analysis and reporting of institutional data such as
enrollment, retention, graduation, transfer and related data.
- Develops research projects, impact analysis, and other reports
for University decision-making.
- Tracks and analyzes enrollment and prepares FTE
- Create and lead an Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Work closely with IT to ensure data validation, etc.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of all State and Federal
reports of student data for accountability and funding
- Represents the University on local, state, and national
committees as appropriate to the areas of immediate supervisory
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as
- Master's degree and three years of institutional research
experience, or Bachelor’s degree and eight years of demonstrated
progressive institutional research experience in a higher education
role is required for this position.
- Relevant experience should include: data collection, analysis
and interpretation, project management and assessment, data base
management, and experience with institutional assessment and
- Experience in policy analysis, educational assessment,
quantitative and qualitative research methods, and statistics.
- Experience querying (SQL) and working with large databases and
programming for data extraction, merging, report creation, and
- Knowledge of assessment and evaluation principles and
- Proficiency with SAS, R, SPSS, or similar statistical
- Experience collaborating with faculty and senior leaders across
- Strong statistical and analytical skills, demonstrated
knowledge of financial modeling and trend analysis, and experience
working with institutional research data and statistical analysis
and programming software.
- Ability to work independently, and manage several projects
simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to
work with diverse constituencies (i.e., faculty, staff,
administrators, and students) to present data in a cogent and
After 1 year of continuous full‐time service, employees are
eligible to enroll in STU’s bachelor and master courses,
tuition‐free. The program will cover a maximum timeframe of
125% of credit hours attempted toward the degree program. Employees
may enroll in STU’s doctoral program, with a 40% tuition discount,
under the same conditions.
St. Thomas University is a Catholic university sponsored by the
Archdiocese of Miami committed to academic and professional success
guided by its Catholic identity. All employees are therefore
expected to respect the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and
support the University’s religious mission. All employees hereby
acknowledge their familiarity and support of the religious
affiliation, mission and values of St. Thomas University.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Thomas University is an equal opportunity employer that
promotes a diverse and inclusive organization. It is the policy of
the University to fill each vacancy with the candidate who
represents the best fit for the position and to promote and
transfer employees from within whenever possible and practical.
Employment decisions are made on the basis of the candidate’s
personal capabilities, qualifications, and ability to assist the
University in fulfilling its mission without discrimination. With
regard to the latter, the University’s program of recruiting
employees for mission aims to inform prospective employees of the
University’s mission and to help them and hiring personnel
determine how they will support and contribute to the University’s
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Employer. E-Verify is an
Internet-based system that allows an employer, using information
reported on an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility
Verification, to determine the eligibility of that employee to work
in the United States. STU will utilize E-Verify® to verify
employment eligibility for all newly hired employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $99,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miami Gardens, FL 33054: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
- Please provide contact information for three (3) professional
- Institutional research: 3 years (Required)
- SQL: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person