The Graphic Designer will be an integral member of the Marketing
& Communications team supporting communication strategies that
inspire and engage our primary target audiences. The designer will
lead the design of on-brand, forward-thinking and user-centric
solutions across various platforms, including websites, social
media, advertisements, brochures, email messages, signage, and
other promotional collateral. The designer will incorporate brand
guidelines, ensuring consistency across all projects and media.
They, will collaborate with the marketing & communications team
and internal clients, engage in and respond to creative feedback,
manages project workflow and timing, maintain files and follow
departmental processes. The designer will provide all
- Maintain a high standard of design quality in all University
- Stays current on design, technology, usability, and higher
- Organize, expedite, and track a large and varying workflow
involving multiple deadlines.
- Maintain the Office of Marketing & Communications' photo
- Archive and organize design flies.
- Maintain and advance the University's brand identity through
original and creative design concepts producing designs for a
variety of print and digital materials.
- Assist with various photo requests/needs.
- Supervise student workers when applicable.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as
- Formal Education:
- A bachelor's degree is preferred, an associate's degree is
required in graphic design or a related field.
- Minimum of two to three years of professional digital and print
design work that can include internships and freelance work.
- Expert-level knowledge of industry-standard graphic design
applications and techniques, specifically the Adobe Creative Suite
(Photoshop, Illustrator, lnDesign, Acrobat, After Effects) and
Microsoft Office. Video editing or video graphic design experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with photo and video
production and editing experience.
- Proven record of strong project and time management skills. The
candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills
and a keen eye for detail and quality control. They must be adept
at working on multiple deadline-driven projects in a fast-paced
- This position involves some travel, evening, and weekend
- This position has been reviewed and is determined to be a
non-exempt hourly paid position subject to premium overtime for all
hours worked in excess of 40 hours in a payroll week.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal
employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any
employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color,
sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical
or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin,
marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status,
domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status,
political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are
encouraged to apply.