Career Advisor, Business and Entrepreneurship
Attention Current Willamette University Employees:
to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log
into your Workday account and apply through the Career
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please
complete our online employment application. Your application and
all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page --
must be submitted for each individual job post that you are
interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline,
please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline.
Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your
The Career Advisor for Business and Entrepreneurship Career
Community is an essential member of the Career Development team
working collaboratively and independently to connect Willamette
University with opportunities in this career cluster. These
initiatives and activities include: providing culturally informed
one-on-one career advising, creating workshops and professional
programs to connect students with opportunities, engaging and
collaborating with faculty and alumni for events and classroom
presentation and developing a robust employer relations strategy to
increase internship and career opportunities within the community.
This position will be supervised by and work in close collaboration
with the Assistant Director of Career Management at the Atkinson
School of Management.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide one-on-one career advising, skill development, and
support to undergraduate and graduate students at Willamette
University and Atkinson School of Business.
- Design and deliver workshops and programs aimed at increasing
the career exploration and readiness of students interested in
business and entrepreneurship.
- Organize, recruit for, and attend events including alumni
speaker series, workshops, and site visits to employers.
- Maintain broad current knowledge of career and economic trends
and their impact on career paths.
- Serve as the main point of contact for collaboration with
faculty and staff from the Atkinson School of Management,
undergraduate economics and entrepreneurship
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with employers in order to
build, create and maintain recruiting pipelines within various
- Connect with various faculty and present in classrooms and in
collaboration with various departments across campus.
- Engage with students as a “Career Educator” through
collaboration in Career Development led classes focused on
internships, career exploration, and career readiness
- Manage all aspects of the bi-monthly “Let's Talk Business”
newsletter including delegating tasks to student workers, editing
content, and ensuring successful receipt by students.
- Build relationships with students, faculty, staff, alumni,
employers, parents, and donors in order to support students in
their career discovery.
- Develop innovative career programming in collaboration with the
Career Development team and other key stakeholders to benefit
students at Willamette University.
- Track, maintain, and produce reports on student career data
(internship post-grad placement).
- Analyzes trends and assists department with continuous
- Assisting with programming coordinated by others in Career
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related area plus 2-3 years of
professional level work experience and/or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of career development theories, adult
development theory, counseling processes, career decision making,
learning styles, and job search strategies.
- Familiarity with or experience in business or entrepreneurial
- Demonstrated track record of building and maintaining
relationships with a variety of constituents.
- Displays the ability to facilitate group discussions,
workshops, activities, presentations, and reflections.
- Knowledge or ability to quickly learn about Willamette
programs, career development, employers, alumni, and faculty needs
and expectations, recruiting and staffing methods, employment
- Ability to design and modify computer applications to meet
program needs, problem identification, presentation skills, verbal
communication, written communication, and organization
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultures and
- Ability to reside in Oregon by first day of employment or
otherwise perform work primarily in Oregon.
Typical Work Schedule:
- Advanced degree in related area and/or equivalent
experience/training highly preferred
- Relationship development and cultivation skills
- Experience in recruiting, human resources, or higher
Monday-Friday 8:30-5pm, occasional evenings and weekends;
flexible/hybrid work schedule negotiable
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received and
the position will remain open until filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a
criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not
automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of
conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of
your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Career-Advisor--Business-and-Entrepreneurship_R0005041
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and
to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting
and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek
candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented
groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus
varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume