Bryant Group is excited to partner with the Virginia Commonwealth University’s Massey Cancer Center to recruit their next Executive Director of Development.
Virginia Commonwealth University’s Massey Cancer Center (Massey) seeks an experienced strategic, collaborative and entrepreneurial development professional to serve as Executive Director of Development. Under the visionary leadership of Director Robert A. Winn, MD, Massey is a model of public-private partnership in Virginia. Serving as a development liaison and subject matter expert for the Massey Cancer Center, the successful candidate will be responsible for raising $15-$20 million annually by leading an effective development team and creating and implementing strategies to advance a successful grateful patient fundraising program in collaboration with the VCU Health System and the School of Medicine.
Massey Cancer Center is committed to establishing a 21st-century model for promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in the oncology workforce, optimizing cancer health care outcomes for all and spearheading interdisciplinary approaches to cancer disparities research.
VCU Massey Cancer Center is working toward a future without cancer – one revolutionary idea, one promising therapy and one life saved at a time. Through innovative research, patient care, education and community engagement, Massey Cancer Center is discovering, developing, delivering and teaching effective means to prevent, detect, treat and cure cancer and to making these advancements equally available to all. For more information please visit: https://www.masseycancercenter.org/
Reporting jointly to the Director of Massey Cancer Center, Dr. Robert Winn, and the Assistant Vice President for Development for Medical Philanthropy, Niles Eggleston, the Executive Director will serve as a strategic fundraising thought partner for Dr. Winn, identify and create opportunities for advancement growth that will move forward the Massey vision and mission. The successful candidate will have at least seven years of demonstrated ability to plan, execute, secure and steward six and seven figure gifts through individual effort by identifying, qualifying and soliciting major gift prospects, in the context of higher education (Research I), healthcare or NCI designated cancer center.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide long-range strategic planning and oversight of a comprehensive, major and principal gift fundraising strategy that aligns with VCU Health, Massey Cancer Center and university campaign objectives
- Partner with Cancer Center and Health System leadership to craft campaign vision and identify philanthropic opportunities that enhance Massey mission and goals
- Serve as a development liaison, alongside the Director of Board Relations, for the Massey Cancer Center philanthropic board
- Partner with Massey faculty and administrators within the center, the health system and the university to promote the coordination of prospect activity and the acquisition of major gifts
- Develop and manage Cancer fundraising team of major, annual and corporate gift officers through effective recruitment, motivation, mentorship, and staff development
To be considered for the Executive Director of Development, Massey opportunity, please submit your letter of interest, resume and DEIAB statement in confidence to:
Senior Executive Recruiter, BRYANT GROUP
Priority will be given to materials received prior to
May 29, 2023.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.