*Application instructions are located at the bottom of
the page. Please apply directly through the University of Montana's
career portal UM Jobs at https://umjobs.silkroad.com/ for
positions at the University of Montana – Missoula, University of
Montana Western (Dillon), and Helena College. Do not apply
through Indeed.com or use easy apply through Indeed.com
Staff Vacancy Announcement
The Rural Institute
invites applications for Family to
Family Outreach Coordinator
The Communication and Outreach Coordinator for the Montana Family
to Family Health Information Center (MTF2FHIC) will develop and
disseminate information about MTF2FHIC services and resources.
Working closely with the Center Coordinator, they will create and
implement innovative outreach and marketing strategies across the
state to build awareness and increase program use.
Minimum Required Experience
- Write, direct and coordinate the development, design,
production, distribution and promotion of accessible marketing and
promotional materials in print, video, and online formats
- Analyze data from website/social media/print campaigns to
inform future outreach
- Coordinate with various internal/ external partners and
stakeholders for cross promotional efforts
- Build and interact with an online audience across multiple
platforms, including social media
- Creatively reach target communities without access to
consistent internet coverage with non-online outreach
- Independently develop and maintain relationships with state
agencies and community organizations that work with children and
youth with special health care needs and their families
- Participate in planning and implementation of F2FHIC events,
in-person and virtual
- Order promotional items
- Write, edit and review materials
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal
- Supervise volunteers to accomplish statewide outreach resource
development and dissemination activities, including innovative uses
of social media.
- Proficient computer use, including relevant software such as
Microsoft Office Suite tools (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
- Strong experience with communications and media asset
development (e.g., advertising and journalistic print, radio,
websites, video, social media).
- Excellent interpersonal communication and professional
- Demonstrated high-quality written communication skills
including, grammar, composition, and the ability to edit.
- Strong initiative, ability to self-manage time, and
independence with complex task completion.
- Ability to modify communications for diverse audiences.
- Ability to think critically and creatively to solve problems
and make decisions, both in group settings and independently.
About the Rural Institute and UM
- Lived experience with disability (self or immediate family
- Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma with equivalent work
- Experience working with people with disabilities.
- Experience strategizing, developing, and facilitating internal
and external communications.
- Experience with web site management.
- Willingness and ability to travel around the state, overnight,
three (3) or more times annually.
Rural Institute: We build access and opportunity for people with
disabilities through education, research, evaluation, and
The University of Montana is flagship, research institution with
approximately 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It is
located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about
75,000, surrounded by mountains and three rivers converge. Abundant
recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national
forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National
Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University
of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package
that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers
many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to
the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are
particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad
spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in
demonstrating its five priorities for action
: Place student success at the
center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching,
learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first,
people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM
To learn more about the University of Montana, please visit the
Position Title: Family to Family Outreach Coordinator
(Media Info Coordinator)
Position Number: NEW
Department: Rural Institute
Part-time, 0.45 FTE Monday- Friday varies, 12
Six months minimum
Benefits Include :
Pro-rated annual and
sick leave; Public Employees Retirement (PERS) optional
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the
Offer of Employment In accordance with University
regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to
criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's
Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring
process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material
is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications
from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may
request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with
state law. References: References not listed on the
application materials may be contacted; notice may be
provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring
departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests,
which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment
Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show
employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment
at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Must be eligible to work in the United State upon hire.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED by 11:59 PM
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online
via "New Resume/CV" button below.
A complete application Includes:
* Applying through Indeed.com or easy apply
through Indeed.com may result in submission of an incomplete
application. Applications may be removed from full consideration if
they are not complete with materials listed above under the "How to
Apply" section. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure
complete application materials are submitted and received by the
date listed above.*
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and
experience related to the stated required skills for the position.
A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or
“Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work
- Professional References – names and contact information
for three (3) professional references.
Montana, United States