Faulkner University's College of Health Sciences is seeking a qualified individual with a desire to educate physical therapists in a collaborative, Christ-centered environment. Candidates who join this developing program in the Department of Physical Therapy will be responsible for teaching, research, student advisement as well as engaging in service to the profession, university and the community. Administrative opportunities within the program exist for applicants who have experience with CAPTE, leadership or clinical education. The DPT program is a new program that earned candidate status through CAPTE in April 2021. Faulkner University is a Christian university affiliated with the churches of Christ.
This is a full-time, 12 month position. Faculty rank, tenure status, and salary will be commensurate with academic qualifications, teaching and research experience, and relevant clinical specialist certifications.
- Doctoral degree; either a terminal academic doctorate (PhD, ScD, EdD or DSc) from an accredited institution in a field related to physical therapy or DPT with advanced certification required
- Terminal academic doctorate with ABPTS certification in specialty areas: wound management, cardiovascular/pulmonary, women's health, geriatrics, neurology, oncology, clinical electrophysiology preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of clinical experience as a Physical Therapist required
- Must possess a current and valid Alabama Physical Therapist license in good standing or be eligible to obtain Alabama licensure required
- Contemporary expertise in a specialty area of physical therapy based on accreditation guidelines required
- Teaching and assessment experience in a graduate level program is preferred
- Member of the church of Christ
For initial application submit:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Employment is dependent upon a satisfactory background check and verification of work authorization through E-Verify.
Non-discrimination statement: Faulkner University is a church-affiliated liberal arts institution committed to employing a highly qualified and diverse administration, faculty and staff, which reflects the University's religious traditions, values, affiliation, and purpose. Thus, the institution invites individuals affiliated with the churches of Christ to submit applications regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, marital status, or disability. Faulkner University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, marital status, or disability in connection with its educational policies, admissions, financial aid, employment, educational programs, or activities. However, Faulkner University exercises a preference in employment for those qualified applicants who are members of the churches of Christ whose lifestyles are consistent with the mission of the University and with the beliefs and values of the churches of Christ. Please refer to our website for further information. www.faulkner.edu