Faulkner University is seeking a highly qualified individual for the position of Associate Director of the Physician Assistant Program. The Associate Director will work closely with the Program Director to exercise administrative oversight for the Physician Assistant Program. Successful candidates must demonstrate a commitment to Christ-centered Liberal Arts education, Christian service, and the mission of Faulkner University. Faulkner University is a Christian university affiliated with the churches of Christ.
This is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position. Faculty rank and salary will be commensurate with academic qualifications, teaching experience, research and relevant clinical specialist certifications.
Summary of Duties:
- Provide leadership in facilitating and evaluating program admissions processes
- Assist in data collection and analysis for overall program self-assessment
- Provide oversight for program graduation requirements
- Oversee the development of and direct efforts related to formal professional development of faculty
- Provide administrative leadership for operations related to supervised clinical practice experiences
- Design original or review and modify existing curricula
- Mentor, instruct, and evaluate students
- Master's degree in a healthcare-related area required; doctorate degree preferred
- Physician Assistant with current NCCPA certification
- Two years or more of clinical experience
- Two years or more of PA Education experience preferred
- Active member of the church of Christ, preferred
For initial application submit:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Employment is conditional upon a satisfactory background check and verification of work authorization through E-Verify.
Non-discrimination statement: Faulkner University is a church-affiliated liberal arts institution committed to employing a highly qualified and diverse administration, faculty and staff, which reflects the University's religious traditions, values, affiliation, and purpose. Thus, the institution invites individuals affiliated with the churches of Christ to submit applications regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, marital status, or disability. Faulkner University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, marital status, or disability in connection with its educational policies, admissions, financial aid, employment, educational programs, or activities. However, Faulkner University exercises a preference in employment for those qualified applicants who are members of the churches of Christ whose lifestyles are consistent with the mission of the University and with the beliefs and values of the churches of Christ. Please refer to our website for further information. www.faulkner.edu