Founded in 1917, Providence College (PC) is a premier Catholic
liberal arts institution steadfastly committed to academic
excellence through a dynamic core curriculum, a distinctive
Development of Western Civilization Program, and abundant
experiential learning opportunities. The only U.S. higher education
institution administered by the Dominican Friars, PC is committed
to providing a variety of opportunities for intellectual, social,
moral, and spiritual growth in a supportive environment. Providence
College believes that cultural and intellectual pluralism is
essential to the excellence of its academic programs, and strives
to foster an academic culture and campus community reflecting the
global environment in which we live and work.
The approximately 105-acre campus is situated in Rhode Island’s
capital city and is close to the many cultural and educational
offerings of Rhode Island’s “renaissance city.” Additionally,
Providence is located an hour from Boston and just a few hours from
New York City.
For years, Providence College has been recognized in the U.S.
News & World Report
“Regional Universities – North
Category” and has been commended by several other ranking
Student Records Specialist
Provide administrative support to Office of the Registrar.
- Process all adjustments to student academic records for day
school UG, SCE, and Graduate schools; including inputting new
grades, grade changes, academic program adjustments, schedule
changes, student attributes, and National Student Clearinghouse
verifications and updates.
- Input and maintain departmental Honor Societies in Banner, and
contact departments to request and confirm the names of students
who should be listed as member of that department’s honor societies
each spring. Proof the commencement program for College Events to
verify that the program is accurate.
- Manage all graduation procedures for May and December
graduations of all levels including the following: attach graduate
fees for SCE /Grad/UG classes, build and edit graduation records to
reflect current academic program; and confirm and designate diploma
names in Banner. Order diplomas and replacement diplomas, serve as
primary contact with the Josten’s representative and dealer,
utilize the Josten’s website to upload excel spreadsheets for
diploma ordering, and contact students for current addresses and
mail released diplomas.
- Order all departmental supplies from W. B. Mason online.
Research and contact vendors in order to purchase large items for
the office. Complete and submit all purchase requisitions and
accounts payable vouchers, including PO requests and invoices, and
maintain files for office.
- Maintain Social Security Number project. With direction from
the Bursar, contact students with missing social security numbers,
send follow up emails, and update in the National Student
Clearinghouse as required. Obtain list of missing ssn’s from the
Sr. Associate Registrar for follow-up, and maintain these
- Place Education stamps on students transcripts from lists
received from the Education Department, and TCP (Teacher
Certification Program) stamps from lists received from the School
of Continuing Education. Cross-train in GR/ SCE applications in
order to cover for the responsible person during absences.
- Responsible for training students to use our Banner Document
Management System, and for troubleshooting with IT if there are any
- Assist Institutional Advancement in finding archived degree
records and obtain and verify statistical academic data on former
students; assist in the supervising of assignments of work study
- Test Banner upgrades and troubleshoot Banner issues specific to
areas of responsibility. May identify and make recommendations for
additional or modified departmental systems. With approval, may
design and implement new or modified systems.
- Coordinates internal and external attendees’ calendars,
schedules, filing systems and records that may include confidential
- Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
- High School education or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of
technical school education and experience.
- Familiarity with the Banner system, Excel, access, and Apex
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize work while
juggling multiple tasks.
- Experience working with matters of a confidential nature in
accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (
- Working knowledge of word processing and database systems
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with strong
attention to detail.
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because
of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except
where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran
status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from
time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist
on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with
the program. The College will request and expect its agents and
those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of
this important program.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- * Do you have experience with the Ellucian Banner System?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- * How many years of experience do you have working in an office
- * Please describe in detail how your background and experience
would be applicable for this position in a College/University
(Open Ended Question)
- * If you have not had higher ed experience, please explain your
interest in working in this environment.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter