Senior Assistant Director of Admission
The Senior Assistant Director of Admission assists the Admission
Office in meeting its enrollment goals by working with prospective
students, parents, guidance counselors, and campus partners in the
recruitment of students. This role adheres to all duties and
responsibilities to The National Association for College Admission
Counseling's Guide to Ethical Practice in College Admission.
Candidates must be able to understand and articulate the benefits
of a liberal arts education in a residential setting.
Job duties include but are not limited to the
- Speak with and/or interview prospective students and parents
when they engage with the College to discuss their admission
qualifications, academic and co-curricular interests, and to
explain the value/benefits of a Rhodes education. Once admitted,
counsel families through their financial award and decision-making
- Plan, arrange, and execute approximately six to ten weeks of
physical or virtual recruitment travel.
- Build and maintain relationships, encourage applications, and
promote campus visits with prospective students in assigned market
segments. Serve as alumni and parent support in the geographic
- Read all applications within assigned market segments by the
appropriate deadline and lead/co-lead an admission committee.
- Submit appropriate recruitment planning and budget proposal to
the Director of Admission for consultation and approval each year.
Provide a report of recruitment activities as requested by the Dean
- Define annual goals in conjunction with the Director of
Admission and other senior staff or assigned market segments.
- Effectively use the admission office computer programs and
- Assist the Vice President for Enrollment &
Communication/Dean of Admission and/or Director of Admission with
other miscellaneous projects as needed. These could include
database management; website management; student employee
supervision; multicultural and/or underrepresented student
recruitment; international student recruitment; assisting with
creation, writing, and editing of admissions publications or
serving as liaison to various departments on campus; assisting with
and/or coordinating on-campus programs as needed.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably from a liberal arts
- Three years of admission experience or admission-related work
- T his position requires a valid driver's license, a good
driving record, and must be insurable by the College's insurance
- Evidence of increased levels of responsibilities, including the
ability to train and mentor Assistant Directors of Admission, is
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office required.
- Must be self-directed and enjoy working in a team-based
A complete application includes a cover letter and a resume.
Rhodes offers an excellent benefits package and a great working
environment. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment
to diversity in the workforce.