Miami Dade College, Eduardo J. Padron Campus is now accepting applications for the Secretary III, Academic Affairs position. This role provides administrative support to Department Deans, Associate Provost, and Associate Vice Provost.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arranges meetings with staff
- Maintains time and attendance records for co-workers
- Prepares or acts as backup for online payroll as needed
- Maintains calendar, correspondence and supplies
- Coordinates travel arrangements
- Maintains filing systems
- Types routine correspondence and statistical reports
- Prepares agendas and board packets for scheduled meetings
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relays messages, and greets visitors
- Records minutes of departmental meetings
- Accesses, inputs and retrieves information from computer
- Opens, sorts and screens mail and prepares outgoing mail
- Produces electronic information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics
- Makes decisions regarding dissemination of information, screening of visitors and deferral or immediate action in absence of supervisor
- Handles highly confidential information
- Associates degree or two years of college in related field and three (3) years related experience; or a minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing advanced clerical work or a related area; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
To learn more about this and other employment opportunities with Miami Dade College, please visit us at www.mdc.edu/jobs.