Analyst Programmer (Analyst/Programmer - Career), Information
California State University, San Bernardino
Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services,
Probationary, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center
of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern
California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the
beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than
20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students
annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and
has the most diverse student population of any university in the
Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first
in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
Build your future
Work with the best
Be your authentic self
Focus on you
Make a lasting impact
Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
Bring everything you are, become everything you want
Administrative Computing and User Experience (ACUx) is a department
of the Information Technology Services (ITS) division. ACUx
develops, provides support for, and manages various campus
enterprise software applications on a variety of hardware
platforms. Support is provided for all CSUSB Administrative
ACUx strategic plan cultivates functional and technical team
members that thrive and succeed in a culture of change, involvement
and continued learning. ACux fosters the integration and adoption
of enterprise software applications of today -- and tomorrow -- by
engaging developers and administrative users together in various
trainings that align professional growth with the IT strategic
plan. ACUx teams excel as individuals while driving the campus
toward an information rich technology vision of the future.
Required Application Materials
Candidates are required to attach a letter of application,
curricula vitae/resume, and a list of at least three (3)
The Analyst Programmer provides proficient technical and production
support for Financials, Human Resources, Student Administration,
and other campus administrative and academic departments. The
incumbent analyzes and develops systems and technology-based
solutions to meet user needs including applications, databases, and
Core functions for this position include systems analysis and
development, applications programming, and database analysis. The
incumbent is primarily responsible for the analysis, design,
modification, installation and maintenance of application programs,
integrated systems, or software solutions including databases to
meet user and organizational information needs at the systemwide,
campus wide, or individual unit level.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
*This posting is for multiple positions.
- Fully proficient to analyze user system and application needs,
determine and evaluate alternative solutions and approaches to
meeting those needs.
- Consult with users to identify and document software/system
purpose, workflow issues, output needs and to determine overall
functional and technical system requirements and
- Collaborate in the development of specifications and
requirements for the optimal integration, design and implementation
of systems and equipment.
- Act as a software vendor liaison and make recommend
modifications to third party software to meet user needs.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining supported application
infrastructure to identify and correct underlying issues and
- Assess impact of CMS or campus change control procedure.
- Track and communicate assigned technical projects and problems
to resolution and follow up on status with departmental leads,
division management and other technical staff.
- Provide technical support to the campus technical and
functional staff who are. maintaining or troubleshooting supported
applications or processes.
- Perform research, analysis, and problem resolution on supported
application. implementations, modifications, and operational
- Participate in PeopleSoft upgrades and maintenance
- Serve as the campus liaison to CMS for PeopleSoft issues and
- Develop succinct, timely programming code or modify software in
a logical fashion which optimizes programming resources and meets
functional user requirements.
- Use productivity tools to develop and modify applications
software to meet user needs.
- Work with users to test and debug programs
- Verify data acquisition and output media and format.
- Modify existing or third-party software.
- Write documentation to provide user support for new or modified
programs and production/operation procedures.
- Maintain and support assigned systems to ensure minimal
downtime and loss of productivity and service.
- Evaluate and enhance the efficiency of existing programs in
meeting current and future user needs.
- Maintain and support associated databases.
- Install new, modified or third-party software releases and/or
- Evaluate and supplement vendor supplied documentation for third
: Full-time, Probationary, Exempt
position (with the possibility of converting to permanent).
Application Review Deadline
: This position will
remain open until filled. The initial review of applications will
begin on March 24, 2023.
Generally, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Some
weekends and evenings may be required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or
university in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems,
Information Systems, Engineering, or a related field.
Two years of relevant full-time experience.
- Knowledge and skills in applications programming and systems
analysis and related programming support functions is a
- Intermediate knowledge of relational database design.
- Ability to independently identify and solve production
- Ability to work with outside systems integration.
- Clear, positive, solution-oriented communication skills to
translate user needs into effective technical solutions.
- Ability to integrate and apply work related knowledge to
achieve innovative solutions.
- Ability to anticipate the impact of problems and solutions on
- Ability to investigate and research new systems and
technologies and develop information technology systems and
- Ability to understand problems from a broad perspective and
explore, conceive, and implement solutions and ideas in new
- Ability to predict and anticipate problems and be proactive
when creating solutions.
- Demonstrated communication using persuasion and
- Ability to enhance technical team efforts and demonstrate
skills within a team while working to build on individual strengths
to maximize team results.
- Ability to teach and transfer knowledge and skills to
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a
variety of staff and management with varying technical skills and
- Five years full time applied experience and training.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or
an equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft or an equivalent ERP
- Experience working with mobile technologies.
- Experience with Web Services.
- Data Visualization and analysis using Business Intelligence or
- Machine learning algorithms using Python.
- Cloud computing using AWS.
- Prior experience with PeopleSoft/Oracle application software
and data warehousing concepts.
- Experience in understanding business processes for Student
Finance, Financial Aid, Human Resources, Finance, and Academic
units in an academic environment across various departments
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,678 - $6,600 per month
Classification Range: $4,678 - $11,547 per month
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our
educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino
seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes
respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our
commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds,
and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in
the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community.
Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity
requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and
programs which further our understanding of individual and group
diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and
promote values which discourage intolerance and
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and
incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including
student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing,
personnel training practices, research, community services, events,
and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include, but are not limited to, the
following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation,
sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic
status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with
the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal
commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity
Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as
well as other members of the campus community to implement
effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be
completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a
position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the
background check may affect the application status of applicants or
continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated
reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting
Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in
CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants
for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical
condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran
This position may be "Designated" under California State
University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the
filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and
the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and
every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of
Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination,
Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic
Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion
of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming
employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu