Postdoctoral Research Associate
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Harte Research Institute
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
TAMU-CC is a dynamic university designated as both a
Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority-Serving Institution
(MSI) with approximately 11,000 students from 47 states and 54
foreign nations. We employ over 1,400 full-time and 2,000 part-time
Islanders (including students/GAs). The University attracts highly
talented faculty and staff and offers an array of undergraduate and
graduate degrees, including doctoral programs. As a member of the
Texas A&M University System, TAMU-CC benefits from a range of
resources, increased visibility and influence, and opportunities to
collaborate in mutually beneficial ways with peers across member
institutions and associated agencies.
TAMU-CC's beautiful campus is located on a 240 acre island on
Corpus Christi Bay and was ranked #1 College by the Sea by Best
College Reviews. Our natural setting is enhanced by its modern,
attractive, and state-of-the-art classroom buildings and support
From our generous
benefits package and professional development
opportunities, to our retirement programs and our commitment to
service excellence, the Island University is an engaging and
rewarding place to work.
- This Post-Doctoral position will be part of the Coastal and
Marine Geospatial Sciences Laboratory (CMGL) team and HRI at Texas
A&M University-Corpus Christi whose mission is to develop
science-driven solutions to Gulf of Mexico problems.
- The CMGL seeks a postdoctoral researcher to model coastal
dynamics of the Gulf of Mexico. This position will enhance our
integrated approach to assessing coastal dynamics, which includes
field, mapping, and modeling components. This position would work
on a variety of problems within several projects including modeling
sea level rise impacts, storm surge, barrier island morphodynamics,
coastal hydrodynamics, and risk assessment. All our work is couched
in improving the resilience of human activities and the natural
environment and involves collaboration with stakeholders and HRI
Develop and apply coastal models simulating the impact of climate
change and human activities on the natural and built environments
of coastal zones. These models may be hydrodynamic, geomorphic,
statistical, rule based, or a combination of approaches depending
on the problem, data availability, and researcher's
- Conduct field research as needed.
- Conduct research in a collaborative, team environment in the
CMGL as well as within a co-production framework with external
- Participate in the preparation of grant proposals for funding
entities including federal and state agencies, foundations,
corporations, and individuals.
- Participate in the preparation of manuscripts for publication
in peer-reviewed national/international journals.
- Present research at local, state, and national
- Participate in preparation of deliverables for externally
funded research projects.
- Mentor graduate students and junior research staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree by the time of hire in Geosciences,
Oceanography, Engineering, GIS, or related field
- Expertise in modeling hydrodynamics or morphodynamics of
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
- One to two years of experience writing, preparing, and
submitting manuscripts for publication.
- Knowledge and experience using R, Matlab, Python or similar
software or computer programming.
- Knowledge and experience using ArcGIS or other geospatial
software for analysis and visualization.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Postdoctoral-Research-Associate_R-058160