Develops and implements the curatorial vision of the University of
Houston System (UHS) Public Art Collection. Partners with internal
and external stakeholders to realize the strategic vision. Oversees
the programming, stewardship, management and financial oversight of
- Provide leadership for the direction and vision of the
permanent UHS Public Art Collection.
- Establish, implement, and oversee budget and contributions for
art acquisition, conservation and operations.
- Develop system wide programs to advance the Art Collection
profile by partnering with system wide art programs, museum spaces,
galleries and educational initiatives.
- Oversee development and implementation of annual marketing,
communication and public relations plans to promote the Art
Collection to local, state, national and international audiences
- Collaborate with University Advancement to lead fundraising
efforts; develop and initiate grant proposals to advance
- Oversee annual programming calendar and activities to engage
participation in the Art Collection.
- Manage formal public art spaces; reserve spaces by
internal/external organizations to promote and engage constituents,
develop collaborative events and activities that continually
advance and promote these spaces to the internal/external
- Attend educational sessions at regional, national and
international conferences to promote the Art Collection to
- Represent the Art Collection to external bodies and
professional organizations.Perform other job-related duties as
Bachelors and 7 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a
minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related
experience.Master's Degree strongly preferred.