Faculty - Tenure Track - Personal Financial
Depends on Qualifications
6/30/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
800 W University Parkway, Orem
Woodbury School of Business
- Teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in personal
financial planning in different modalities.
- Plans, prepares, and follows an approved course of study that
includes measurable objectives for each course taught.
- Maintains an active research agenda to keep scholarly academics
(SA) status consistent with institutional AACSB requirements.
- Prepares instructional materials (ie: exams, visual aids,
course outlines, syllabi, and instruction sheets) as
- Instructs, manages, and supervises individuals and groups in
classrooms through demonstrations, discussions, visual aids,
lectures, field trips, individualized instruction, on-line
instruction, and other appropriate instructional methods.
- Evaluates instruction and learning by means of written, verbal,
practical, and performance tests.
- Maintains a student-oriented approach to education. Recommends
students for advancement and graduation. Advise and mentor
- Maintains and submits accurate and current reports and records
involving student accountability and performance. Supervises
extracurricular activities as assigned.
- Assists department chair, faculty, department staff, and
advisers in building and maintaining an effective program.
- Serves on committees and attends faculty and other meetings as
- Graduation from an accredited institution with terminal degree
in a related field. ABD may apply; a terminal degree is required by
August 1, 2023.
- Knowledge and skill in current instructional theories,
strategies, techniques, and discipline content.
- Evidence of potential for scholarly/creative work consistent
with a teaching university.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- PhD in Personal Financial Planning from an accredited
- Obtained widely recognized industry certification(s), included,
but not limited to: CFP®, CFA®, CPA, AFC®, etc.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness, curriculum planning,
program building, leadership, and collegiality.
- Knowledge of subject matter and ability to effectively teach
- Knowledge of and ability to implement instructional strategies
- Knowledge of student management, motivation, and
- Knowledge of development and assessment of curriculum.
- Record of scholarly work or evidence of potential.
- Record of effective teaching and student learning
- Record and ability to teach face-to-face, on-line, and
- Ability to apply effectively general principles to specific
- Ability to follow written and verbal procedures and
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people.
- Ability to engage both face-to-face and students participating
from their computer.
UVU employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant's
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/uvu/jobs/3806634/faculty-tenure-track-personal-financial-planning