Position Title: Office Coordinator, Recruitment and
Advertised Pay: $17.64/hr base with a potential for a higher
rate commensurate with experience
Campus Location: Washburn University
The screening committee will review all eligible applications
submitted by April 20, 2023
Position Summary: The Office Coordinator is responsible for
providing elevated administrative support and coordination for
multiple Enrollment Management (EM) offices, with a particular
focus upon Recruiting and Admissions. This position requires a high
level of service, effective communication skills, the ability to
exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, and exceptional
organizational and administrative skills. The Office Coordinator is
responsible for streamlining office procedures to support the
holistic student lifecycle of undergraduate students. The Office
Coordinator serves as a liaison among various EM offices, EM
Directors and other staff, along with academic departments,
Facilities and particularly the Center for Student Success and
The Office Coordinator provides the following essential functions
for Recruiting and Admissions, New Student Orientation and
Transitions, University Registrar and Financial Aid.
• Contributes to a working environment that is team-oriented,
anticipatory, supportive, and collaborative
• Establishes and maintains a professional, welcoming environment
and displays the proper decorum for the office in speech, demeanor,
manners, and professional attire Demonstrates the ability to
establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those
contacted in the course of work
• Coordinate staff meetings, and contribute to planning,
scheduling, and leading.
• Organize and schedule meeting space, and catering, notify
participants, prepare meeting materials, take meeting notes, and
provide follow-up information.
• Coordinate campus advisory meetings connected to the holistic
student lifecycle of undergraduate students. Assist the directors
with planning the agenda, creating minutes, and co-facilitating
Special Projects, Programs, and Initiatives
• Organize and assist department team members and other university
department representatives to facilitate the successful recruitment
and onboarding of undergraduate students.
• Plays a coordinating role in pre-college programming (eg: CEP,
Senior Academy, Finnup Scholars).
• Plays a coordinating role while assisting the Campus Visit &
• Works closely to help coordinate and execute daily personalized
visits, group visits, and other visitation events and all aspects
of New Student Orientation and Transfer Student Orientation.
• Monitors online registrations and enrollment.
• Identifies and reserves facilities and makes other arrangements
to ensure sufficient space is available to accommodate all
participants and that the site is adequately prepared and equipped
(e.g., technology, menu planning, seating arrangements).
Administrative Support and Coordination
• Monitor, reconcile and assist with fiscal administration. Areas
of responsibility include budgets, funding, travel, and
• Provide reception and administrative assistance for the office
and respond to all visitors, requests, and inquiries, or refer
individuals to other staff or departments as appropriate.
• Responsible for handling and/or overseeing the completion of all
clerical, and administrative support activities. Provide accurate,
current, and relevant information about department initiatives and
programs. Deliver high-level administrative support for the
directors. Schedule appointments and maintain electronic calendars
to facilitate scheduling.
• Serve as the liaison with the Directors and other staff to
facilitate and schedule meetings and discussions as
• Contribute to process development to impact the efficiency of the
workflow (e.g., create flow charts, and databases).
• Contribute to quality assurance and improvement for the
• Onboard, train, and supervise student employees.
Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as
• Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of post-secondary education
and additional administrative support experience equivalent to a
• Demonstrated effective customer service, analytical, and
• Proven ability to work effectively with students, parents,
faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds in support of an
inclusive and welcoming environment.
• Demonstrated effective organization, time and event management
and collaboration skills.
• At least 6 months of employment expertise comparable to the
• Experience with ERP and CRM software in an educational
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The interview process may require completing skills assessments to
determine proficiency in the software and skills needed to perform
the position's essential functions. If additional testing is
required, the information will be provided to candidates selected
Full time Hourly Mon-Fri
Background Check Required