This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the
provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes
the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lecturer-Pool Faculty of Victim Studies in Fall 2023, Spring
2024/Summer 2024 (up to 3 positions)
Commensurate with education and experience.
Part-Time Non-Tenure Track
College of Criminal Justice
Dept of Victim Studies
Refer Applicants To
Dr. Shelly Clevenger
Department Chair Department of Victim Studies College of Criminal
Justice Sam Houston State University
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
Lecturer-Pool faculty are term positions hired to teach one to four
courses per semester. Lecturer-Pool faculty hiring is based upon
student demand, on a semester-by-semester basis.
Responsible for teaching a wide range of courses with a focus on
victimology related courses to support the Department of Victim
Studies: Master’s in Victim Service Management and B.A. /B.S. in
Educational Requirements for the Position
Master’s degree in criminal justice or related field.
Experience Required for the Position
The successful applicant would have relevant teaching and/or
practical experience in areas such as victimology, family violence,
child abuse and neglect or related courses.
Other Requirements for the Position
Special Instructions Summary
Applicants should submit an application, vita, three (3) reference
letters, and unofficial transcripts.
This is for Fall 2023, Spring 2024 and Summer 2024
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- SHSU Recruiter
- If your response to the question above was 'SHSU Employee'
please indicate employee's name and department.
(Open Ended Question)
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3