A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing
academic and operational success. The Associate Professor of
Leadership/Management position requires a strong research
background in the field with the ability to teach undergraduate and
graduate courses both face-to-face and online. Faculty must develop
and utilize a syllabus for each course, following established
institutional guidelines. There will be daily interaction with
students handled in a professional, positive and tactful manner at
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Develop and utilize a course syllabus for each course,
following established institutional guidelines.
- Under minimum supervision, the Associate Professor will manage
the day-to-day office operations.
- Maintain and oversee a full-time teaching and service
- Participate in scholarly activities and academic services
beyond the regular teaching assignment.
- Remain current in their disciplines and instruct assigned
courses in a manner consistent with the scheduled time, course
content, and course credit approved by the faculty, administration,
and Board of Trustees.
- Complete all teaching, advisement, and service assignments that
are a normal part of their duties in a professional and timely
- Give individual evaluations of student performance including
midterm and final grades.
- Adhere to high standards of professional integrity and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or deemed
appropriate to the accomplishments of the responsibilities and
functions of the School of Business.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning tasks that logically relate to the
- Strong research background in the Business Management
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and
time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability
to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is significant as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative,
resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Manage, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks/projects
simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (3) hours per day.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information,
protect the assets of the institution, act ethically and with
integrity, and adhere to FMU’s Code of Conduct and policies and
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- Doctorate degree in field preferred and/or three (3) years of
experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities
- Ability to perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, and LinkedIn Learning, as well
as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure,
workflow, and operating procedures.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, and
ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include
working nights and weekends.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. In
addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity