Texas A&M International University
Julieta & Frank Staggs Academy of International & STEM
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Program Manager, under direction, plans, organizes, directs and
manages day-to-day activities, developing and implementing
procedures for the administration of the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, directs and manages day-to-day activities,
developing and implementing procedures for the administration of
- Assists in developing strategic plans and goals to support the
- Assists with the development and production of materials
designed for the program.
- Develops and conduct programs including leadership training,
conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Supervises program support staff and student
- Assists with yearly budgetary and contract processes. Prepares
vouchers, purchase orders and requisition and coordinate with
accounting personnel and other support staff.
- Researches, develops and writes white papers, grant
applications and prepares presentations. Maintains and develops
communications between partners by attending meetings and
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Education - Bachelor's degree
- Experience - Five years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
- Word processing, spreadsheet, and database
Preferred Knowledge and Abilities
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Present information clearly and concisely.
- Work with sensitive information and maintain
- Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and
Licensing / Professional Certification
- Possesses significant knowledge about internal TAMIU procedures
including but not limited to HR, Purchasing, and
- Holds the ability to coordinate meetings among
- Ability to work with members of both the internal and external
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Supervision of Others
This position may supervise employees.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
- Work beyond normal office hours and/or work on
- Occasional travel
- Position requires on campus, face-to-face
- Position requires maintaining a regular schedule of attendance
on campus and in the workplace.
During the application
process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested
information, upload documents and Submit the application. You
will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once
you “Submit” the application materials
. The software does not
allow you to “Save” your application and return to complete the
process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area
provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to
Applications received by Texas A&M International University
must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all
job application data could result in an invalid submission and a
rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in
the job application.
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 professional references and their full contact
- Unofficial transcripts (if applicable)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TX/Program-Manager_R-060088