Assistant Professor of Kinesiology
Assistant Professor of Kinesiology
Texas A&M International University
College Of Nursing & Health Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Department of Health
Sciences, seeks candidates for a full-time, tenure-track
appointment beginning Spring, 2023. The appointment is for a full-
time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Kinesiology. Successful
candidates will teach a broad range of courses across our
undergraduate program offerings.
Required Education and Experience:
- The successful candidate will join an intellectually
stimulating and innovative academic environment that embraces
- The candidate will also work collaboratively with faculty to
support program initiatives for diverse populations.
- The supervision of field-based students, student teachers, and
internship students is also possible.
- Mentorship and advisement of students are essential in addition
to the involvement in campus activities and other responsibilities,
as deemed necessary.
- Scholarly activity with publications in refereed journals as
well as attendance and presentations at professional meetings is
- Start-up funds during the first two years will be provided to
accelerate research with the expectation that external grants will
be sought to sustain or expand that research.
- Quality performance will also be expected in teaching, student
mentorship, community service, as well as active University
- Teaching assignments may include day, evening, and weekend
Preferred Education and Experience:
- An earned doctorate in Kinesiology or exercise science related
field from a regionally accredited institution.
- ABO may be considered if completed by the beginning of the
- Professional-level certification(s), such as NSCA-CSCS or CPSS,
CSCCa, or ACSM-EP or CEP, or the ability to obtain upon hire.
- Experience working in exercise science or kinesiology-related
field having research, administrative, and/or education
- Evidence of scholarly activity with publications in referred
journals; attendance and presentations at professional
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and provide excellent
customer service to students, employees, and the community.
Special Instructions to Applicant:
- Ability to teach across the health and kinesiology curriculum
at a college/university.
- Other nationally-recognized fitness or wellness credentials,
such as CPT, GFI.
- Credentialing and/or certification relevant to curricular
- Experience identifying and developing opportunities for
interdisciplinary partnerships, including community engagement
ABD's will be considered if applicants can show that they are on
schedule to complete their degree by the time of appointment to the
position. All ABO finalists will need to submit a letter or email
to the address above from the doctoral advisor prior to
interviewing for the position verifying that all requirements have
been met, the date of the dissertation defense if that is all that
remains, and when the applicant will graduate.
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the
responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the
transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential
evaluator (e.g., MCRAO; http://www.aacrao.org/credential/index.htm
TAMIU is a growing university of over 8,000 students located in
Laredo, Texas, a vibrant bi-lingual, bi-cultural city with a
population of about 250,000 on the U.S./Mexico border. For more
information, visit www.tamiu.edu
. TAMIU offers
competitive salaries and benefits packages. Additional pay is
available for summer teaching. Financial support for professional
development opportunities, such as attending academic conferences,
is also provided. Moving expenses are covered in whole or in part
by the university.
This position requires face-to-face interactions through a regular
schedule of attendance on campus and in the workplace for a minimum
of four days a week.
The completed employment application must include a letter of
interest that addresses qualifications, curriculum vitae,
unofficial transcripts, and the names and contact information of
three professional references. Applications must be submitted
online at https://employment.tamiu.edu
Review of applications will begin October 31, 2022 and continue
until the position is filled.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process, you have only one opportunity to
enter the requested information, upload documents, and submit the
application. You will not be able to make changes or add additional
documents once you submit the application materials. The software
does not allow you to save your application and return to complete
the process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area
provided (“Resume/CV”) to drop or upload files.
For full consideration, applications must include:
- Letter of interest addressing qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- A list of at least 3 current professional references and their
full contact information
- Unofficial transcripts
Applications received by Texas A&M International University
must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all
job application data could result in an invalid submission and a
rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in
the job application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TX/Assistant-Professor-of-Kinesiology_R-054922-1