Police Officer in Training
Police Officer in Training
Texas A&M International University
University Police Department
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Police Officer in Training, under supervision, receives
classroom instruction and on-the-job training in the Texas A&M
University Police Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attends a field training program sponsored by the University
- Observes and assists qualified police officers in the
performance of routine police activities.
- Studies and becomes familiar with Texas A&M University and
University Police Department policies and procedures.
- Learns layout of Texas A&M University campus including
buildings, streets, major departments, etc.
- Becomes proficient in the use of police vehicles and equipment,
which requires operating a vehicle.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Education - High school diploma.
- Experience - Two years of full-time employment.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be
Preferred Knowledge and Abilities
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Communicate effectively with all segments of the campus
- Function under adverse and stressful conditions.
Licensing / Professional Certification
- TCOLE Instructor certified.
- TCOLE Field Training Officer certified.
- Certified as a Police Officer by the Texas Commission on Law
- Must have a State of Texas class "C" vehicle operator's license
or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
- Must be in excellent physical health
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Supervision of Others
This position generally does not supervise employees.
First review of applications will be August 22, 2022.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
- All system university police recruits will be required to meet
minimum licensing standard requirements as required by the Texas
Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) § 217.1.
- Position requires to work beyond normal office hours and/or
- Successful completion of field training program.
- Applicant must pass an entrance exam to be considered for
employment. Applicant must successfully pass psychological
evaluation, physical examination, and complete background
investigation to include but not limited to driving history,
criminal background, and credit history.
During the application
process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested
information, upload documents and Submit the application. You
will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once
you “Submit” the application materials
. The software does not
allow you to “Save” your application and return to complete the
process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area
provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to
Applications received by Texas A&M International University
must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all
job application data could result in an invalid submission and a
rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in
the job application.
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 references and their full contact information,
- Unofficial transcripts (if applicable)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TX/Police-Officer-in-Training_R-052981