Miami Dade College, Wolfson Campus is now accepting applications for the Director, Cloud Computing Center position. The Director leads the development, implementation, and operation of the Cloud Computing Center. This position oversees program offerings, builds industry partnerships, and creates revenue-generating initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, direction and oversight for various activities in the Cloud Computing Center including the development of operational processes and procedures, staffing, budgeting, service delivery and student and industry programing.
- Cultivates and manages industry relationships to create student opportunities for internship, project learning and scholarships.
- Actively seeks to create a self-sustaining center via revenue-generating events such as conference and events.
- Hires personnel, both part-time and full-time to support the day to day operations of the center Collaborates with department chairs to engage college-wide faculty on continuous academic curriculum development
- Works with the Dean of Engineering, Technology and Design, Dean of Faculty, and department chairpersons on program recruiting efforts.
- Tracks metrics in student enrollment, student services (mentorship, tutoring, etc.), industry partners and investment Collaborates with the Dean in the creation and management of an industry Advisory Board for the center
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and five (5) years of experience and leadership with an established track record of success, bringing new ventures, ideas, involving the use of Cloud Computing technology; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from a regionally accredited institution and nine (9) years of relevant experience.
To learn more about this and other positions at Miami Dade College visit us at www.mdc.edu/jobs.