IT Support Analyst, Intermediate (Classroom Support)
Location: Information Tech Services
Job ID: 607138
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
This position is an on-site position which requires the incumbent to complete their work primarily at an NAU site, campus, or facility with or without accommodation. Opportunities for remote work are rare.
This Classroom Support position provides top tier customer service for the faculty and staff in NAU learning environments, including second level technical support for PC's (Windows and Mac), mobile devices, desktop applications, desktop-related server software, and multimedia audio visual equipment in learning spaces.
Technical Support - 60%
- Intermediate level position that provides second tier support for all NAU End User computer requests, including general desktop support, desktop application support, desktop networking support, and audio visual support.
- Answers questions regarding campus information technology systems support policies.
- Implements end-to-end A/V systems in NAU learning environments, including Processors, Navigation Panels, Projection & Display, Audio Reinforcement, and ADA-compliance devices.
- Supports A/V equipment for audio and video conferencing.
- Works directly with IT Professionals across campus to resolve issues.
- Performs emergency and preventative maintenance for classroom technologies, including Windows/Mac platforms, A/V systems, and collaborative technologies.
- Process tickets in accordance with established departmental standards.
Collaboration and Teamwork - 15%
- Works closely with team members to provide outstanding service to the campus community and to bring projects to completion.
- Supports coordinating communication between various members of the systems support teams.
Documentation and Communication -10%
- Updates university IT systems support information and data to ensure access to accurate and timely information.
- Works directly with vendors to resolve problems with products and services.
- Creates documentation for the Classroom Support/ITS Internal knowledgebases.
Industry Knowledge and Technical Skills - 10%
- Understands and applies knowledge of appropriate handling of university information technology systems support information.
- Assists in the evaluation of new end-user computing packages and equipment as well as in the implementation and testing.
- Assists in management of software licenses to ensure compliance.
- Maintains functional expertise across all relevant operating systems, hardware, software, and other job-related technology
Other - 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- On-call duties required for this position.
- Associates or bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; AND,
- 2-4 years of relevant experience; OR,
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification.
- Experience supporting instructional and audiovisual technologies in an academic environment.
- Experience with and knowledge of Crestron A/V systems, including product architecture, Crestron Toolbox, SIMPL programming, and Crestron Fusion
- Experience providing technical support for both Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- Experience using remote support tools for cross-platform computing and A/V environments.
- Experience supporting iOS, Android and Windows phone devices.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; excellent listening skills. Demonstrates strong problem solving, organizational, and analytical capabilities.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of computer operating procedures and techniques, especially in teaching and learning environments.
- Advanced knowledge of application, networking, and system software for higher education.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; excellent listening skills.
- General understanding of SCCM, Windows Group Policy, and WSUS.
- Excellent trouble-shooting, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well with people from a variety of culturally and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- Strong customer service skills, including a patient, approachable, and flexible nature.
- Analyzes complex situations and anticipates issues.
- Must be able to apply creative and critical thinking to the work environment during high-demand, fast-paced stressful times.
- Skill in coordinating activities, evaluating data, and establishing priorities.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $54,779. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
Open Until Further Notice
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Know Your Rights Poster
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=607138&PostingSeq=1