To be considered, applicants must be a student enrolled at one of
the 7 City Colleges and submit a One Summer Chicago online
One Summer Chicago
is an initiative that provides youth with
employment and enrichment opportunities during the summer months.
One Summer Chicago offers summer employment to youth between the
ages of 14 and 24. Most programs are between 20 and 25 hours per
The One Summer Chicago initiative encourages students to gain
experience in their prospective fields by placing them in areas and
departments aligned with their area of study whenever possible.
Students are able to use their wages towards educational and living
One Summer Chicago jobs are available in areas such as academic
departments, laboratories, libraries, administrative offices,
student centers and off-campus locations.
District Office | Economic and Workforce Innovation
180 N Wabash, Suite 200
The Economic and Workforce Innovation Department at District Office
works with employer partners to create work-based learning (or
“earn and learn”) opportunities for City Colleges students to
provide hands-on experience and exposure to an industry in which
they would be interested in pursuing a career.
Students interested in Chicago’s business economy and enrolled in a
program in or related to business and professional services are
encouraged to apply. Students who are enrolled and interested in
marketing and communications and/or IT programs are also encouraged
Assist Economic and Workforce Innovation department with business
and program development activities
- Conduct research on potential partners in gathering contact
information and providing summaries to Workforce team on various
work-based learning (internships/apprenticeships) and job
opportunities that might be aligned with CCC programs.
- Participate in employer partner and prospect meetings in-person
- Update employer partner database.
- Create and update PowerPoint pitch decks and proposals.
Outreach & Event Planning
- Support with information sessions hosted by Workforce team and
provide follow-up to attendees.
- Review and provide feedback and recommendations on career
development modules that will be used by Workforce team to prepare
students for the interview and recruitment process.
- Assist with planning and execution of community outreach
- Staff on-campus and community outreach events, assist with
set-up, guest registration and relations, catering and
- Research community events and create an outreach event
- Organize Workforce team’s SharePoint and archive documents
- Provide general office support to Workforce staff, not limited
to filing, photocopying, printing, and data entry.
- Support various projects and assignments as needed.
- Applicants must be 14 years or older, have work permit consent,
and eligible to work in the United States
- Have permission to participate from a parent or guardian if
you're under the age of 18
- Be a City of Chicago resident
- Current City Colleges of Chicago students that were or are
enrolled in Spring 2023, Summer 2023, or Fall 2023
- Complete One Summer Chicago online application here
City Colleges of Chicago is an Equal Opportunity
- Available to participate in the program starting June 26, 2023
and end on August 4, 2023.These dates may be subject to change
depending on the department/partner organization.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Promotes a positive role model and favorable public image as
City Colleges of Chicago representative.
- Adheres to the City Colleges of Chicago Customer Services
- Good interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and