About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the
next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to
successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally
focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible
degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of
modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College
provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment
and natural resources. Utilizing experiential and collaborative
learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens,
environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
Unity College is seeking enthusiastic individuals to teach
Mathematics and Statistics courses for our online undergraduate and
graduate degree programs. Courses are online and run for five weeks
in eight different terms for undergraduates and eight weeks in five
different terms for graduates.
- We are particularly interested in hiring adjunct faculty that
are interested in teaching mathematics or statistics courses such
as Statistics for Environmental Professionals, College Algebra for
Environmental Professionals, Statistics for Wildlife Professionals,
Calculus, as well as Quantitative Reasoning and Quantitative
- Courses are taught asynchronously with an average of 20
students per course.
The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree (e.g. PhD,
in the discipline or a masters degree
experience in the profession in addition to the following:
- Experience with online teaching and previous use of Canvas is
- Prior experience with statistical applications to environmental
and wildlife field work, as well as instructing online mathematics
courses strongly desired.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and
associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must have strong organizational and time management
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of
Unity Colleges distance education curriculum is 100% online. Our
Distance Education Adjuncts will teach remotely.
This is a temporary part time position and is not eligible for
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the Apply Now
button and submit a CV, cover letter and points of contact for