The Lasell University Police Department is seeking
applicants for the position of Police Dispatcher.
position requires a flexible work schedule that includes assignment
to shifts covering days, evenings, overnights and holidays as
required to meet the needs of the police department.This is a
Lasell University is a private, coeducational institution offering
undergraduate and graduate programs of study, which enrolls
approximately 1800 undergraduate and 350 graduate students. Founded
in 1851, Lasell is one of the oldest colleges in greater Boston.
Lasell University is situated approximately 15 minutes from
downtown Boston and 2 minutes from routes 95/128 and the MA
The Lasell University Police Department Dispatcher will be required
to perform the following duties, which include, but are not limited
- Work a flexible work schedule that includes days, evenings, and
or overnights, weekends and holidays, as required to meet the needs
of the police department.
- Perform a full range of radio and telephone operational duties
in the 24-hour facility.
- Process and prioritize incoming calls for Police, Fire and EMS
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Successful candidates for this position should:
- Have the ability to interpret and give, both verbal and
- Possess excellent verbal, typing, computer, and written
communication skills, Bilingual skills strongly desired.
- Display prioritization skills and possess the ability to
multi-task and make sound decisions using all available
- Have previous knowledge and experience with basic
- Possess the skills necessary to accomplish tasks in a
controlled, effective manner, handling stressful situations and
working under pressure for an extended period of tine
- Have the ability to develop and maintain cooperative working
relationships with co-workers and customers
- Prior Dispatch experience is helpful
- Successful candidates will be subject to an extensive
background check and a pre-employment psychological screening
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Tuition benefits
- Generous time off
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, resume
and the information of three (3) references using the forms below.
Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be
accepted until the position is filled.
Lasell University requires all employees to be vaccinated and to
provide the documentation upon the start of employment. Lasell also
provides individuals the opportunity to request a medical or
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every
aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its
policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to
every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color
of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic
predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a
victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and
classes under Federal and State Laws and executive
To apply, visit https://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/employment/staff-positions/police-dispatcher.html