The Office of Advancement and Alumni Affairs serves the mission of
Baylor College of Medicine, the No. 1-ranked medical school in
Texas for research and primary care, the largest recipient in Texas
of National Institutes of Health research funding and home to the
No. 1-ranked genetics department in the U.S. As part of the OAAA
team, you will inspire donors and Baylor alumni to give through a
variety of ways to advance the College's priorities across four
mission areas: healthcare, education, research and community.
Reporting directly to the leader of the events program, the Senior
Special Programs Associate plans and manages events and special
programs at Baylor College of Medicine. This position also manages
budgets for events and special programs under the leadership of the
Director of Special Programs. Ensures events are carried out and
executed smoothly. This position offers the flexibility of a hybrid
work arrangement. In office days are Tuesdays and Thursdays with
additional in person days required during events.
The internal title is Senior Special Programs Associate; the
working title is Associate Director, Special Programs.
- Serves as an organizational liaison for all third-party
fundraising events, providing promotional support and attending
- Works with gift officers and leadership to coordinate special
donor cultivation events and meetings.
- Works with the Advancement Communications team and BCM
marketing and communications Department on the production of all
event materials, creative and engaging program development, and
- Adheres to established protocols, such as the Baylor College of
Medicine’s gift acceptance policy. Ensures reporting requirements
and are completed in a timely and accurate manner; utilize
automated systems for tracking and reporting; record and manage
donor/prospect and event data activity in the fundraising
- Facilitates all-volunteer event committees and manages all
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Fundraising team experience, and
marketing/communications/creative service experience is a
- Knowledge and experience using project management
- Experience with fundraising donor management systems,
preferably Blackbaud products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team
- Needs to be adept at developing solutions for workflow
- Proven experience developing schedules and timelines for
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully
vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against
vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to,
COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.