Xavier University is seeking applications for the position of Moves
and Events Specialist. This position is primarily responsible for
the set up and tear down of campus events and performing small
scale moves of furniture and similar items across campus. Secondary
duties involves grounds related tasks which includes but not
limited to trash/litter pickup, mowing, maintaining plant material
and participates in snow and ice removal from campus using
appropriate equipment and tools.
- Set up and tear down event setups on campus in response to work
requests. Contact campus requesters as needed for clarification,
when needed, and to coordinate the scheduling of work.
- Execute small scale campus moves, such as office swaps and
replacement of dorm room furniture, as requested. Work with
customers to clarify and meet expectations and ensure work is
performed in a timely fashion.
- Maintains campus lawns and planted areas by performing tasks
such as trash/litter pickup, mowing, weed trimming, watering, and
other similar responsibilities. Uses equipment appropriate to the
tasks including lawn mowers, weed eaters and blowers.
- Performs snow and ice removal on campus utilizing plow trucks,
salt spreaders and snow shovels and other appropriate
- Completes other duties of a similar nature and level as
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without
discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must
submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information
of three professional references on Xavier University’s website by
April 17, 2023
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and
affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational,
health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility
varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental,
vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account,
flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance,
accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick
leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible