Other, Academic Affairs
Bucknell University's Department of Athletics and Recreation seeks
to identify a pool of interested candidates to serve as a Lifeguard
throughout the summer and possibly into the next academic year.
This position will be filled on an as needed basis. It is an
hourly, non-exempt position and is not eligible for University
Candidates must professionally
and respectfully support a diverse and inclusive student body,
faculty and workforce.
1. Current American Red Cross
certification in Lifesaving, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED
& First Aid.
2. Successful completion of skills test:
* Swim 300 yards continuously using breaststroke & front
* Tread water for 2 minutes, using only the legs
* Complete a timed event in 1 min 40 sec
* Retrieve diving brick from bottom of pool (14 ft)
3. Must be at least 16 years old.
This is a part-time, non-benefits eligible position.
This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all
candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of
submission of the application.
This is a Staff Non-exempt position with a hiring range of $10. The
offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials
compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity,
and our overall compensation philosophy.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base
salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term
disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan
(no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a
community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full
weeks off for Winter Break!)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are
eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally,
full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition
remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for
various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time
benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher
education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee
assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of
your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click
! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity,
equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a
climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse
campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and
capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We
encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in
admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on
the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or
expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military
or veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497348/lifeguard