T he National Admissions Representative is responsible for the
recruitment of qualified graduate and undergraduate students from
areas not currently staffed for the Midland, MI campus and for
support and temporary coverage of currently staffed areas.
- Will work with prospects throughout the funnel to the committed
- Makes outbound calls with the goal of generating
applicants/commitments that lead to enrollment.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively present enrollment
options for Northwood University.
- Ability to build a relationship via phone, video, and in person
with potential students and parents.
- Provide world class customer service.
- Ensure proper qualifying of inquiry and applicant and setting
proper expectations for next steps.
- Develop the national territory/serve as a “fill-in” or
additional admissions representative/NSC on the admissions team in
any territory when an existing representative may not be able to
fulfill the duties of their position, when additional coverage is
needed for production reasons, or when the territory is vacant.
This will be accomplished through scheduling and conducting visits
via in person and through use of technology, attendance at college
and corporate day/night programs, arranging visits to campus,
involvement in on-campus open house events, creating and hosting
off campus events, interviewing prospective students, developing
rapport and maintaining working relationships with counselors and
teachers, and working with the alumni network in designated
- Oversee the student worker calling initiative in conjunction
with the Executive Director of Admissions for Graduate, Online and
Corporate Programs to connect with interested students and increase
- Report daily service and performance results reports to
Executive Director of Admissions for Graduate, Online and Corporate
- Possess a Bachelor Degree (preferably in Business, Marketing or
other related programs).
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Have demonstrated experience working in teams, and the ability
to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with minimal
- Have the ability to travel and work evenings and weekends
- Work with culturally diverse populations.
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and
- Must be a self-starter with exceptional interpersonal
communication skills and customer service focused.
- Have 3 to 5 years of experience in admissions/recruiting,
teaching, advising, or in a related field.
- Report directly to the Executive Director of Admissions
Graduate, Online and Corporate Programs to achieve a defined
enrollment goal, as well as assist the rest of the Admissions team
with their responsibilities.
- Submit weekly activity reports and expense reports in a timely
- Document all recruitment activities in the CRM.
- This position is based on our Midland, MI campus.
At Northwood University, we believe in individual freedom and
responsibility, moral law, ethical and limited government, earned
success and the importance of creativity, free enterprise and
entrepreneurship as the well-spring of individual and human
progress. The successful candidate will be in agreement with, and
will promote, the philosophy of the University and its commitment
to the American free-enterprise system when conducting business on
behalf of the University. Applicants are encouraged to familiarize
themselves with the University’s outcomes at www.northwood.edu/aboutus/