Northwood University seeks a dynamic individual with strong
interpersonal skills and a proven track record of professional
success in the Finance and Banking industry who will advocate the
lessons of Mr. Ott’s career and life, and Northwood’s founding
themes of liberty and character. Mr. Ott championed the importance
of community involvement to foster economic development, partnering
and team building in order to create a better and more prosperous
- Responsible for shaping and leading the academic content and
quality of the undergraduate Finance program at Northwood
- Teach three courses per semester (fall and spring) in Finance
and a variety of undergraduate Finance courses based on
qualifications. This includes release time of 3 credits per
semester to have a demonstrable positive impact on their research
and scholarly productivity.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with Academics,
Admissions, and Advancement to promote and grow Northwood
University’s Finance programs through student recruitment and
retention, along with alumni and industry support.
- Responsible for recruiting and mentoring qualified adjunct
faculty members to teach courses within the program.
- Collaborate with industry professionals and groups to promote
the Finance program and provide opportunities for student
internships and employment.
- Responsible for supervising student internships and
facilitating other experiential learning opportunities, such as
student participation in industry conferences, site visits, and
study abroad experiences.
- Mentor students to become successful industry
- Execute curriculum planning and review.
- Provide industry thought leadership in a variety of ways, such
as: speaking engagements, podcasts, blogs, publishing in industry
related journals and websites, and publishing industry
- Conduct and publish scholarly research in Finance and
- Advance student research to empower learners to develop skills
and understanding of a market economy and applying that knowledge
to practical issues in the inance and banking industries.
- Mentor other faculty on how to provide thought leadership
across the University.
- Maintain and grow relationships with the Finance and Banking
industry through professional associations and networking.
- Earned Doctorate in a related field from an accredited
institution (Ph.D., DBA, considered).
- History of industry thought leadership demonstrated by speaking
engagements and publications.
- Ten or more years of experience directly related to the Finance
and Banking Industries.
- Experience training and/or teaching. (Experience teaching
undergraduate courses preferred).
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills in a
variety of delivery formats.
Northwood University has an institutional philosophy known as the
“Northwood Idea”. More information about Northwood University’s
philosophy, mission and outcomes can be found at: http://www.northwood.edu/aboutus/