Northwood University seeks a dynamic individual with a strong
record of teaching at the undergraduate level and strong
interpersonal skills to teach Humanities courses at the Midland,
Michigan campus. Possible courses available include Creativity (an
overview of the creative process and its relationship to both
personal and professional achievement), Introduction to Film, or
General Humanities. The candidate can ideally teach daytime
classes, though evening or online classes may be available.
Northwood University offers Bachelor of Business Administration
(BBA) and Bachelor of Science (BS) degrees. The need for adjunct
faculty is based on student enrollment and varies by
• Master’s degree in Humanities or Sociology from a
regionally-accredited institution or a Master's degree in a
closely-related discipline with a minimum of 18 graduate credit
hours in specific discipline.
• Experience teaching undergraduate courses in Humanities or
closely related disciplines.
• Ability to interact effectively with a wide and diverse range of
students and colleagues.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills in a variety
of delivery formats, especially the format of the class you may be
assigned to teach.
• Experience teaching both face-to-face and online undergraduate
Northwood University has an institutional philosophy known as the
“Northwood Idea.” Applicants should learn about Northwood
University’s unique philosophy, mission and outcomes at: https://www.northwood.edu/about