Enrollment Specialist - Transfer Coordinator
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travels to and maintains a presence at college, community, and
education partners on a regular basis (e.g., daily, weekly, or
monthly, as the relationship warrants or requires) to promote
Central State University’s undergraduate programs for transfer
- Provides admission advising based on student’s college
transcript evaluation and career goal compatibility. Accurately and
completely explains education program availability, modality
considerations, transfer requirements, financial aid opportunities
and considerations, and available student support services.
- Tracks all interactions with prospective students in Banner
system and the CRM
- Exercises judgement in holistic review of all transfer
applications. Assures that complete and accurate notation of these
decisions is made on the applicant record in Banner
- Counsels ineligible students on educational alternatives and
explains negative admission decisions.
- Develops and maintains an up-to-date understanding of Central
State University’s academic programs, curriculum, and degree
requirements, including program-to-program and general articulation
- Stays abreast of co-curricular opportunities of value to
matriculating students and that foster their interest in the
- Remains abreast of the scholarship and financial aid
opportunities available to incoming students
- Adheres to university recruiting and admission guidelines and
standards and adheres to provisions set forth in the National
Association of College Admission Counseling Standards and
Principles of Good Practice.
- Organizes recruitment activities including open houses,
transfer fairs, welcome-back activities, classroom presentations,
and faculty/advisor meetings. Plans and executes joint events
between community partners as necessary for optimal relationship
- Identifies and shares information regarding trends and issues
affecting relationships with partners, including alumni.
- Secures new requests for program offerings provided by
administrators, faculty, and students at community college
- Meets with college access partners and provides them with
ongoing updates on academic program and co-curricular
- Collaborates with access partners and educators to track
students through the application and enrollment process, including,
as needed, updates on applicant status and guidance regarding
housing, financial aid, and new student orientation.
- Interfaces directly withe transfer students to assist them
withe the enrollment process, including admissions, financial aid,
registration, housing, and new student orientation.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors Degree
• Experience working in a team-oriented approach within a complex
organization and experience serving diverse populations is
• Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible admissions or
related higher education experience.
• Banner-familiar; technically proficient, including Microsoft and
MAC as well as social media and other emerging technologies.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including report
• Self-starting, able to work independently and remotely while
maintaining a high level of productivity.
• Understands and is committed to the University’s core mission and
• A valid driver’s license is required. Ability to perform
overnight travel as required.
• Master’s degree
• Familiarity with Ohio Transfer Module and associated
• Familiarity with ACE Veterans Guide and associated processes and
Central State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Staff - Monthly (Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Commensurate with experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest degree you hold?
- Completed all Doctorate coursework, but has not completed
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Assoicate's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- * Do you have experience working in higher education?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts