Digital Recruitment Specialist
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
A Virtual Recruitment Specialist supports the enrollment efforts of
the campus, college, school and department by providing admissions
information to prospective or newly admitted students, creating
communication materials, and by representing the university at
locations such as high schools and community colleges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leverage social media and Social Platforms to drive Recruitment
• Enhance our University & Enrollment Management footprint by
consistently communicating and effective posting
• Collaborate cross departmentally with a specific interest in the
full onboarding process into Central State University
• Communicate with prospective students, parents and community
through appointment, telephone, email and other materials.
• Assist with the development of enrollment marketing publications
and communications including letters, brochures, website posting,
electronic mail and other mediums.
• Present information about the benefits of an education from the
department, college or area being represented at onsite locations
and to on-campus visitors.
• Foster and develop relationships with schools or other areas
• Compile recruitment data from Banner and other academic
• Schedule virtual visit with schools and colleges, speak to groups
and individual students, and meets with school officials to develop
partnerships between the University and other institutions
throughout the state, coordinates community workshops, retreats,
and on-site admissions programs.
• Advise students and families regarding educational opportunities
and options, admission and other requirements, policies and
procedures, transfer of credit, and financial assistance, as
• Contribute to the institutional database of prospective/potential
and current students in the state.
• Audit student data and conducts statistical research to target
population for recruitment and judge recruitment
• Analyze trends in student recruitment and retention programs;
designs and implements recruitment programs for targeted groups of
potential students and develops strategies for program
• Participate in the development of operating goals and objectives
for the unit; recommends, implements, and administers methods and
procedures to enhance operations, as appropriate to the unit.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Social Media Marketing
• Knowledge of Social Media Platforms Algorithms
• Knowledge of the broad spectrum of available university academic
units, curricula, and programs
• Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues
• Knowledge of university admissions policies, standards, and
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures,
formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to
work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse
• Organizing and coordinating skills
• Skill in the use of computerized systems and databases
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range
• Ability to travel on occasion outside the metropolitan area
• Ability to design and write promotional material
• Ability to evaluate student transcripts and/or records
• Bachelor’s degree.
• At least two (2) years of experience that is directly related to
the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Travel extensively. Must be able to travel & work at night
• Must be able to lift, move and carry 30 pounds and transport
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Staff - Monthly (Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Commensurate with experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts