IT Systems Manager (Hybrid)
- University of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
IT Systems Manager (Hybrid)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
IT Systems Manager (Hybrid)
Job Profile Title
Information Technology Project Leader
Job Description Summary
- Develop OS and application configurations for deployment to end user devices. Manage systems for ongoing deployment of software, updates and patches to devices. This work is currently performed using a combination of MDT, BigFix and Jamf and includes both Windows and Mac systems.
- Perform system administration focused on endpoint and user management for Windows Active Directory domains. Duties include some server management, user and computer management, group policy management, and Windows client/server application administration and upgrades.
- Supervise IT support staff. Assign work, review performance, and provide training in systems and services.
- Perform 3rd Tier support and resolve problems from other IT support staff.
- Act as technical lead and/or project manager for highly technical departmental and library-wide initiatives.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or similar field and a minimum of 2-3 years' experience or equivalent combination of education and experiences.
- Prior leadership and supervisory experience.
- Applicant must have proven skills successfully providing technical support for Windows, Mac and mobile operating systems and supporting users in large Active Directory domain environments.
- Experience with Windows domain management tools and client server and cloud-based applications management.
- Experience with modern endpoint deployment and management applications such as Jamf and BigFix.
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to problem-solve effectively and independently.
- Automated & user-initiated enrollment workflows.
- Advanced Bash/Zsh scripting & leveraging the Jamf API.
- Advanced packaging and policy deployment workflows, including working with Smart & Static Groups and Extension Attributes.
- Advanced Jamf Pro server configuration & integrations, including Apple School/Business Manager, User Accounts, LDAP servers & Jamf Infrastructure Manager, certificate management, VPP, etc.
- Integration of third-party & open-source tools.
- Security workflows: FileVault 2, System Extensions, and PPPC.
- macOS internals: launch agents/daemons, plists & config profiles, Apple security platform, and permissions & file systems hierarchy.
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.
Budgeted Pay Range:
$80,000 -- $100,000 commensurate with education and experience.
Job Location - City, State
Hybrid Eligible - This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with a work week divided between working onsite and working remotely.
Department / School
$51,824.00 - $109,535.33
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn
offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health,
dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your
family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending
accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care
expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition
benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get
tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also
eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to
help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and
Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a
pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment
options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a
substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the
year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal
affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with
family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth
Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family
members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the
costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community
or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you
won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to
underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always
provide proof of good health and are subject to
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to
supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing
demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide
variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health,
your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an
array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community,
you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as
cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the
University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our
arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at
Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest
music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn
Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member
of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the
excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these
activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and
entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great
deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and
cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission
and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy
substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars
from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie
tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer
creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance
between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use
of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable
loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or
currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for
closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible
employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal
adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up
to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Van-Pelt-Library/IT-Systems-Manager--Hybrid-_JR00063946
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert