ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – MATHEMATICS
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
Kennedy King College is currently seeking adjunct instructors to
teach Mathematics. If you have passion for teaching and learning
and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider
joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated
success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching
strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the
students in critical thinking and problem-solving. They will also
have a passion for teaching and learning along with a strong
commitment to the missions and ideals of the community college. The
ideal candidate will have the flexibility to teach in-person and
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes and promote students’
active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’
intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using
discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to
ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the
attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals
and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people
and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying
confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic
and professional communities and promote collaboration and teamwork
among members of these communities.
- Present effective instruction to students based upon approved
- Assess and grade students based upon legitimate assessment
- Maintain and submit student attendance records and student
- Hold one hour of student conference time per week for every
course section taught.
- Master’s degree or higher in: Mathematics, Physics, or Math
- Knowledge of Brightspace Learning Management System or similar
Learning Management System, preferred
- Prior experience with online teaching (via Zoom) and/or online
teaching certification is strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to
communicate with diverse group of staff and students, required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the
When applying, please attach your unofficial transcripts and
include any scholarship work, publications, committee work, and
other relevant engagements in your cover letter.
City Colleges of Chicago is an affirmative action equal
Thank you for your interest in CCC!