ADJUNCT FACULTY - BIOLOGY, PART-TIME
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
Kennedy King College is currently seeking a part-time faculty to
teach Biology during the Spring 2023 semester. If you have passion
for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the
community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate
will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and
using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse
needs and engage the student in critical thinking and
- You must demonstrate excellent in teaching, commitment to
integrating new technologies in the learning process and the
ability to inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’
active participation in their own learning.
- You are required to post your syllabi on Blackboard and to
enter your final grades online in PeopleSoft.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’
intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using
discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Maintain office hours.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic
and professional communities, and promote collaboration and
teamwork among members of these communities.
- Master's Degree in Biology, Medical Sciences, Microbiology,
Molecular Biology, Botany, Zoology, Animal Sciences, Environmental
Biology, Genetics, Anatomy and Physiology, or an MD degree.
- Previous teaching experience is preferred.
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the
community college .
- Knowledge of a Learning Management System preferred.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
- A cover letter specifying which discipline you are applying
- A copy of your current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A statement of your teaching philosophy.
- A legible copy of your college transcripts (Unofficial
transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts must be
provided at time of hire.)
- Two letters of recommendation.