Dean's Office Professional Assistant
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Colorado, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 31, 2023
The College of Arts and Sciences at CU Boulder encourages applications for a Dean's Office Professional Assistant!
This position provides professional support for the Office of the A&S Dean, the A&S Staff Advisory Council, and the Arts and Sciences Faculty Senate. This position will report to the Senior Executive Aide to the Dean. This position also helps to support front office desk coverage as needed.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The College of Arts and Sciences (A&S) is the largest college on the Boulder campus, conducting research, scholarship, creative work, and education in more than 60 fields. The college leads nationally in undergraduate and graduate education in the natural sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, bringing world-class research and scholarship to CU students, both in and out of the classroom. A&S comprises three divisions (natural sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities) which in combination have nearly 40 academic units and nearly 50 programs. The college is home to more than 700 tenured and tenure-track faculty, approximately 1,000 non-tenure-track teaching faculty, approximately 400 university and classified staff, and more than 17,000 undergraduates and 2,280 graduate students.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Dean’s Initiatives/ Projects as assigned by the Senior Executive Aide to the Dean , to include online education, community projects, student retention :
- Generate spreadsheets for recurring projects.
- Generate Qualtrics surveys, per specifications.
- Conduct research and pull data needed (i.e Office of Data Analytics, AAU Peer Institutions, various campus survey results, Student retention trends, programmatic ideas, etc.).
- Compile information and data.
- Manage, track, and complete logistics.
- Assist in the preparation of reports.
- Assist with the maintenance of electronic files by naming and filing various documents.
- Maintain contact lists generated by new partnerships/relationships.
- Assist in the creation of standard operating procedures to ensure continuity of project and ongoing operationalization.
- Event support, as needed.
- Manages meeting logistics (scheduling meetings via Zoom and in-person, running Doodle Polls, reserve meeting spaces, etc.) and provides administrative support. Works with the Executive Committees to set agendas.
- Manages list serv for committee, manages list of committee members and appointments.
- ASFS, SAC, and Faculty Governance Executive Committee (FGEC) website changes. Keeps ASFS website updated with minutes, pending motions, procedural steps, policies, forms, templates, resources and other important information.
- Attends and takes notes at meetings of the SAC, ASFS and the FGEC. Works with the chairs to prepare minutes of those meetings, and distribute those minutes to the membership of the three bodies.
- Works closely with ASFS and SAC chairs regarding timelines, election of new chair, Arts and Sciences' faculty meetings, committee reports, etc.
- Arranges for guest speakers for meetings.
- Coordinates faculty-wide elections and keeps track of faculty with voting rights in the college.
- Sends service acknowledgments to chairs for each ASFS representative and each committee member.
- Keeps all ASFS and SAC information organized on computer files for easy reference.
This position will work a hybrid schedule with 3 days a week in person, and 2 days remote.
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement . New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can Offer
The annual salary is $46,100 - $48,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be collaborative. Be professional. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience may substitute on a year-by-year basis.
- 1 year of experience in providing professional-level operations or administrative support.
- A high degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment with multiple interruptions.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to schedule in multiple calendaring software.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively analyze issues in such a way as to foresee possible problems or concerns that may arise and to develop possible solutions and initiate related action with little close supervision.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated track record of communicating effectively and building and maintaining relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Experience working within a large, complex organization.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by April 9, 2023 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert