Graduate and Undergraduate Program Coordinator
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Colorado, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Mar 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Other Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Minority & Multicultural Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
This position is responsible for oversight, management and administration of the graduate & undergraduate programs. This includes collaborating with faculty, staff and students to implement strategies to enhance the opportunities, performance, retention and graduation rates of the students. The position serves as the coordinator for graduate program changes and is responsible for informing faculty, staff and students of these changes as well as developing strategies to implement those changes.
Management of the graduate student application and recruitment process is an essential function of the position including coordination and close collaboration with the graduate school and faculty to ensure a smooth process from beginning to end. The position advises students of admissions policies and information about the graduate program while tracking and documenting acceptances and rejections. New and continuing students are advised throughout the program and their progress is tracked. This position serves as the initial contact for inquiries, assisting with problems and advising for completion of the program.
This position is the first point of contact for the department of Ethnic Studies. This position has responsibility to create and modify processes and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness. This role manages logistical details and ensures smooth daily business operations of the administrative office and provides supervision for student employees.
The Graduate and Undergraduate Program Coordinator will improve efficiency and recommend process modifications and improvements based on analysis of operations. This requires continuous development of new perspectives and skills to improve processes.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Ethnic Studies exists to promote interdisciplinary research and teaching in Africana Studies, American Indian Studies, Asian American Studies, Chicano/a Studies, and Comparative Ethnic Studies. It seeks to provide a series of distinct approaches and theoretical analyses of the historical, political, social, and cultural forces and phenomena that have shaped the development of America’s diverse racial and ethnic peoples. This approach begins with an overview and understanding of these group experiences prior to the time of the European invasion and continues with a subsequent and primary analysis of the impact that race and ethnicity have had in America during the past five hundred years. This work unit also considers important the study of race and ethnic issues and interactions across the Americas and globally, as well as the study of diasporas.
What You Should Know
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement . New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this position is $59,100.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be accomplished. Be engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- 4 years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume that includes date ranges and whether the position was full-time or part-time.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to email@example.com or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by April 4, 2023 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert