Manager of Endpoint Systems Administration
- Clark University
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Posted Date
- Mar 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Technology Administration/Other
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Founded in 1887, Clark was one of the first all-graduate institutions in the United States. Today the University is a highly-ranked, student-centered institution educating approximately 2,350 undergraduate and 1,150 graduate students to be imaginative and contributing citizens of the world and to advance the frontiers of knowledge and understanding through rigorous scholarship and creative effort. This commitment to scholarship and inquiry reflects the University's commitment to "challenge convention and change our world" and to address issues of critical importance to society. It is also reflected by Clark's many national and international distinctions, including recognition for its diversity and inclusion efforts, innovation, community engagement and impact, as a top green campus, and for having a distinguished geography and international development program. Clark has also been included in the groundbreaking Colleges that Change Lives guide since it was first published in 1996.
Clark is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, a dynamic, diverse city "on the rise." The second largest city in New England, Worcester is home to 11 institutions of higher learning and is increasingly recognized for its growing healthcare and biotechnology communities, its thriving cultural scene, and as a vibrant food hub.
Responsible for the University's end-user computing infrastructure to ensure a reliable and secure computing environment for the Clark community. This includes design, acquisition, implementation, maintenance, and third tier support of end-user computing resources.
- Manage and supervise a team of Endpoint Administrators; provide technical guidance and direction; manage staff development, training, and performance.
- Oversee and assist with the configuration, testing, and maintenance of client desktop computing hardware, software and peripherals; design images and manage the imaging process for standardized configuration of ITS-managed computers.
- Partner with the ITS Help Desk to ensure an efficient flow of operations and responsive client care.
- Design and implement new methods and technologies to improve the efficiency of supporting the end-user infrastructure.
- Proactively plan for and implement the lifecycle management of end-user computing resources including vendor relationships, acquisition, inventory, and decommissioning.
- Manage specific applications in support of end-user computing included but not limited to system management (including MDM), antivirus, software deployment, print release, VDI, and PII scanning.
- Design, implement and maintain all public computing spaces on campus.
- Manage software licenses across the University including contracts, license keys, and renewals.
- Lead the development and implementation of policies and desktop security procedures.
- Provide third-tier technical support assistance as needed; concisely and effectively document issues in the help desk application software to facilitate resolution and maintain user satisfaction.
- Participate in the upkeep and maintenance of an inventory asset management system and other processes/systems necessary for the delivery of high quality support services.
- Provide excellent customer service to all members of the Clark University community so as to maintain and improve user satisfaction.
- Assist in the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as needed by the department and defined by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS or related field and a minimum of three years relevant technical support experience; additional work experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. Preference will be given to an experienced supervisor with a demonstrated ability to motivate workers in a team environment; Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) desired.
- Fluency in the following areas:
- General hardware and software support
- Common Linux distributions such as Ubuntu and Red Hat
- Desktop imaging solutions such as Windows Automated Installation Kit
- Local Area Network (LAN) fundamentals and remote access troubleshooting, including network interface connections and VPNs
- Commonly used office productivity software such as the Microsoft Office Suite
- Mobile / Internet technologies, such as tablets and smartphones.
- Current client data encryption technologies
- Expert knowledge of current versions of Windows, macOS, and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively diagnose and resolve hardware issues; expert understanding of the inner workings of PC and related hardware. Hardware vendor certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of networking concepts, managing computers via Active Directory, Azure AD, Windows Update Services, System Center, inTune, Google MDM, and Kandji.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to establish effective collaborative working relationships at all levels of the University.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects; ability to communicate progress/problems to appropriate personnel effectively.
- Must be detail oriented; possess excellent customer service and problem solving skills; and a display a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on an as-needed basis is required.
Clark University currently requires all employees and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be made for medical or disability reasons or religious beliefs, and could be made, at the sole discretion of the University, for other well-documented reasons.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity as a core value: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
Clark University offers a generous benefit package for full and, if applicable, part-time employees that include; paid time off, generous retirement plan, group health and dental insurance, life insurance, and tuition, along with use of many campus amenities. For a complete list of benefits for eligible employees visit here.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Clark University Careers Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Clark University Careers Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
A successful background check is required upon acceptance.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert