Founded in 1887, Clark was one of the first all-graduate
institutions in the United States. Today the University is a
highly-ranked, student-centered institution educating approximately
2,350 undergraduate and 1,150 graduate students to be imaginative
and contributing citizens of the world and to advance the frontiers
of knowledge and understanding through rigorous scholarship and
creative effort. This commitment to scholarship and inquiry
reflects the University's commitment to "challenge convention and
change our world" and to address issues of critical importance to
society. It is also reflected by Clark's many national and
international distinctions, including recognition for its diversity
and inclusion efforts, innovation, community engagement and impact,
as a top green campus, and for having a distinguished geography and
international development program. Clark has also been included in
the groundbreaking Colleges that Change Lives guide since it was
first published in 1996.
Clark is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, a dynamic, diverse
city "on the rise." The second largest city in New England,
Worcester is home to 11 institutions of higher learning and is
increasingly recognized for its growing healthcare and
biotechnology communities, its thriving cultural scene, and as a
vibrant food hub.
Responsible for the University's end-user computing
infrastructure to ensure a reliable and secure computing
environment for the Clark community. This includes design,
acquisition, implementation, maintenance, and third tier support of
end-user computing resources.
- Manage and supervise a team of Endpoint Administrators; provide
technical guidance and direction; manage staff development,
training, and performance.
- Oversee and assist with the configuration, testing, and
maintenance of client desktop computing hardware, software and
peripherals; design images and manage the imaging process for
standardized configuration of ITS-managed computers.
- Partner with the ITS Help Desk to ensure an efficient flow of
operations and responsive client care.
- Design and implement new methods and technologies to improve
the efficiency of supporting the end-user infrastructure.
- Proactively plan for and implement the lifecycle management of
end-user computing resources including vendor relationships,
acquisition, inventory, and decommissioning.
- Manage specific applications in support of end-user computing
included but not limited to system management (including MDM),
antivirus, software deployment, print release, VDI, and PII
- Design, implement and maintain all public computing spaces on
- Manage software licenses across the University including
contracts, license keys, and renewals.
- Lead the development and implementation of policies and desktop
- Provide third-tier technical support assistance as needed;
concisely and effectively document issues in the help desk
application software to facilitate resolution and maintain user
- Participate in the upkeep and maintenance of an inventory asset
management system and other processes/systems necessary for the
delivery of high quality support services.
- Provide excellent customer service to all members of the Clark
University community so as to maintain and improve user
- Assist in the development and implementation of departmental
policies and procedures.
- Other duties as needed by the department and defined by the
- Bachelor's Degree in CS or related field and a minimum of three
years relevant technical support experience; additional work
experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
Preference will be given to an experienced supervisor with a
demonstrated ability to motivate workers in a team environment;
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
- Fluency in the following areas:
- General hardware and software support
- Common Linux distributions such as Ubuntu and Red Hat
- Desktop imaging solutions such as Windows Automated
- Local Area Network (LAN) fundamentals and remote access
troubleshooting, including network interface connections and
- Commonly used office productivity software such as the
Microsoft Office Suite
- Mobile / Internet technologies, such as tablets and
- Current client data encryption technologies
- Expert knowledge of current versions of Windows, macOS, and
- Demonstrated ability to effectively diagnose and resolve
hardware issues; expert understanding of the inner workings of PC
and related hardware. Hardware vendor certifications
- Knowledge of networking concepts, managing computers via Active
Directory, Azure AD, Windows Update Services, System Center,
inTune, Google MDM, and Kandji.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to
establish effective collaborative working relationships at all
levels of the University.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to
work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects; ability to
communicate progress/problems to appropriate personnel
- Must be detail oriented; possess excellent customer service and
problem solving skills; and a display a high degree of
- Ability to work nights and weekends on an as-needed basis is
Clark University currently requires all employees and students
to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be made for
medical or disability reasons or religious beliefs, and could be
made, at the sole discretion of the University, for other
Clark University embraces equal opportunity as a core value: we
believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes
diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our
employees and our community. This commitment applies to every
aspect of education, services, and employment policies and
practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts
in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share
in the responsibility for building a community that values
diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and
respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to
create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly
encourage members from historically underrepresented communities,
inclusive of all women, to apply.
Clark University offers a generous benefit package for full and,
if applicable, part-time employees that include; paid time off,
generous retirement plan, group health and dental insurance, life
insurance, and tuition, along with use of many campus amenities.
For a complete list of benefits for eligible employees visit
To be considered for this position, you must submit your
credentials online. Create a Clark University
Careers Account by clicking on the APPLY
NOW button below. You will be able to upload the following
documents, which are required for consideration:
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact
us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Clark University Careers Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until
the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with skills and
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States for any employer.
A successful background check is required upon acceptance.